2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to hear! Good stuff on the wins!

We continue to prove we aren’t a major team, lol. I would have made Jax choose one of the Majors teams he made if I knew that’s what we were going to play against them this much.

Big NIT down in Beaumont this weekend. Finally some AAA action. Jax did get a few hits this weekend, and man his defense has been just awesome.

Comment

Home from Lafayette. Got rained out after going up 4-0 in the 2nd inning in 11u major semi final. Oh well. On to the next!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        We ended up playing.. boys came out and played their best baseball ever and simply rolled over the remaining teams, and brought home the 'ship.
        I think we faced y'all. We're the Cypress Blast....

My son was pitching against y'all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do they typically try & reschedule tournaments if canceled due to weather? Supposed to play one at ETBU this coming weekend but so far predicting rain for Saturday & Sunday.

Comment

Long day! We went out and watched several of my former players in South Fort Worth on Sunday. They came up a little short in the final. Scrappy little bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We ended up playing.. boys came out and played their best baseball ever and simply rolled over the remaining teams, and brought home the 'ship.

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Great to hear! Good stuff on the wins!

We continue to prove we aren’t a major team, lol. I would have made Jax choose one of the Majors teams he made if I knew that’s what we were going to play against them this much.

Big NIT down in Beaumont this weekend. Finally some AAA action. Jax did get a few hits this weekend, and man his defense has been just awesome.
              Good luck to you guys hopefully the can right the ship

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
              Do they typically try & reschedule tournaments if canceled due to weather? Supposed to play one at ETBU this coming weekend but so far predicting rain for Saturday & Sunday.
              No they don't. It's showing rain for us in Oklahoma this weekend too.

Comment

Originally posted by lexingtontexas View Post
                I think we faced y'all. We're the Cypress Blast....

My son was pitching against y'all.

Yessir... Was he the starting pitcher?

Comment

Yessir... Was he the starting pitcher?
                  Yes sir.... Y'all have a really good group of kids all the way around.

Comment

Yes sir.... Y'all have a really good group of kids all the way around.

Thanks.
                    Your boy was solid ...great form on the bump and good velo..our boys just were zoned and hit where they needed to yesterday after the delay... (trust me..that definitely is not always the case..)

Comment

Thanks.
                      Your boy was solid ...great form on the bump and good velo..our boys just were zoned and hit where they needed to yesterday after the delay... (trust me..that definitely is not always the case..)
                      Thank you! That delay was brutal...

Comment

Thank you! That delay was brutal...

Yup cost me lunches at bw3s and $20 for video games to keep them occupied and not running around... was glad we got to finish though..

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                          At. TAMUK. 1.95 ERA over 27.2 Innings. 27 K's. Record: 4-0, w/ 3 Saves.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
                          Tradtiger.. saw this today..and reminded me of your post..
                          [emoji1787]

Comment

I was wrong again - another Majors tournament NIT. Yee haw!!

Comment

your coach super optimistic or unrealistic?
                              I mean do the boys HONESTLY have a shot at winning games at that grade or is the thought that the boys will gel and play up?

I

Comment

your coach super optimistic or unrealistic?
                                I mean do the boys HONESTLY have a shot at winning games at that grade or is the thought that the boys will gel and play up?

I
                                I think it's a little of both. The kids are taking it extremely well, and seem to be progressing. They seem to be more and more competitive each week. He doesn't think they are Majors now, but believes they can / will be.

It's still obvious that we aren't a majors team as presently constructed. Add 2 more above average pitching/athlete pieces, and we could be for sure. We won't have those pieces, and may not get those pieces. I'm sure there are a lot of AAA teams that could say that.

Comment

Working...
                                X