2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Thinking about heading over to Deep Ellum to let the little fella swing some Warstic bats. I’m hearing nothing but great things about these bats.

Chime in if you have anything negative you’d like to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    We got the Hawk 2 in the fall - He hasnt done great with it, but that's more him than anything, lol.

I dont feel like it's lacking in anything. Probably not the hottest out there, but definitely holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Thinking about heading over to Deep Ellum to let the little fella swing some Warstic bats. I’m hearing nothing but great things about these bats.

Chime in if you have anything negative you’d like to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      i know they look awesome, but i havent seen very many of them at the field. neither of my sons have ever used one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
        Whatever you do...take it all in and enjoy it while you can! I know it’s cliché but it flys by.

8U then vs 13U now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am definitely doing that! Brady is 5-5 with 3 HRs and had been awesome at 1st. He’s having a blast, and I really enjoy watching him play, and coaching the new kids who’ve not played much.

As much as the boys like winning 15 to 0 every game, I would like to see the other team hit a ball to the outfield, or get someone to second base occasionally. Neither has happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I am definitely doing that! Brady is 5-5 with 3 HRs and had been awesome at 1st. He’s having a blast, and I really enjoy watching him play, and coaching the new kids who’ve not played much.

As much as the boys like winning 15 to 0 every game, I would like to see the other team hit a ball to the outfield, or get someone to second base occasionally. Neither has happened yet.

That's awesome! It's all about fun and learning the great game.

If I could go back in time, I'd enjoy that stuff more and stress over the little stuff less! But I know one thing.... I'm going to savor the next few years or whatever we have left.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
            Lafayette for NIT. 11u Major. Scorpions Team Easton
            is that you guys signed up for TX/OK shootout next weekend? i was looking at the schedule and noticed the team name, we drew a 930pm game on friday as well academy select-saylor.... the team you play friday night is a bunch of kids from this area we have known for years.

Comment

Whelp, looks like we are being led to slaughter again. Playing in a Perfect Game tournament with all Majors teams. Princeton Friday night at 830, and Melissa for Saturday night.

I wish we could go back to winning baseball games at the AAA level.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                is that you guys signed up for TX/OK shootout next weekend? i was looking at the schedule and noticed the team name, we drew a 930pm game on friday as well academy select-saylor.... the team you play friday night is a bunch of kids from this area we have known for years.
                That is actually our other 11u major team. They go by Scorpions (TC) they used to be the TC Mizuno Team. Pretty solid team.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  Whelp, looks like we are being led to slaughter again. Playing in a Perfect Game tournament with all Majors teams. Princeton Friday night at 830, and Melissa for Saturday night.

I wish we could go back to winning baseball games at the AAA level.
                  I hear ya, winning every once in a while sure cures some problems haha

Comment

Winning cures everything.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baseball parents: help me out, please. Follow me on Twitter as Tradtiger @Tradtiger and Tradtiger@Tradtiger1. (Apparently I accidentally opened two different accounts). Feel free to retweet to all followers -- especially baseball people and scouts.

Anyway, my purpose -- stated clearly on Twitter -- for being on Twitter -- is to try and get son Eric @TheSoarin_Eagle Sandoz #submarine pitcher into pro baseball AND to help other parents get their young athletes into college level sports. Might have some ideas to help y'all. Thanks.

Will add pics on phone edit.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baseball parents: help me out, please. Follow me on Twitter as Tradtiger @Tradtiger and Tradtiger@Tradtiger1. (Apparently I accidentally opened two different accounts). Feel free to retweet to all followers -- especially baseball people and scouts.

Anyway, my purpose -- stated clearly on Twitter -- for being on Twitter -- is to try and get son Eric @TheSoarin_Eagle Sandoz #submarine pitcher into pro baseball AND to help other parents get their young athletes into college level sports. Might have some ideas to help y'all. Thanks.

Will add pics on phone edit.
                        At. TAMUK. 1.95 ERA over 27.2 Innings. 27 K's. Record: 4-0, w/ 3 Saves.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Long day.. games running late right from beginning...umpires taking extended breaks. .
                          But boys played tough teams and came out on top in last half inning in both..
                          Hopefully weather holds tomorrow..

Comment

He looks just crazy enough to be a catcher, that’s a compliment. All good catchers are at least half squirrel turds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              He looks just crazy enough to be a catcher, that’s a compliment. All good catchers are at least half squirrel turds.

Dead on.
                              He got nailed in the hip with 45-50mph pitch while at bat ...everyone cringed and yelled OOOOHHH....he turned and looked at the crowd and grinned..then giggled on his way to first...then stared down the pitcher..
                              Hes kinda off.. gets it from his mom.

Comment

Can I get an opinion. On Sunday bracket play my sons team won their second game 10-4 or something close to that. We had about a 2 hour wait before our next game about 45 minutes before the start of our game, we were notified that the team we had just previously beat protested our online roster. We have had 12 kids playing with us since spring has started but this being our first USSSA tournament our online roster showed 11. Which way do parents lean towards protesting after a loss or accepting the loss and realizing it is an honest mistake? This is a 14u tournament

Comment

Working...
                                X