2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
    Or I just support local Little League Baseball.
    Yep we do to. I've coached it for years and my youngest is currently playing. I get great satisfaction out of helping kids succeed in LL. Does that mean travel ball is bad...nope.

Comment

At best, 2% will play ball after HS.

We're playing select for a multitude of reasons, but a primary one is to help my son prepare to make his high school team. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

I have always wanted him to have the Little League experience, but we only have a rec league in our area and it doesn't provide the level of competition needed. We tried it on year and it was brutal. He also plays baseball during baseball season and plays middle school football, basketball, and does track.

Comment

Come to my 98% below the poverty level school where I serve as Principal and ask me what I do for kids. Do you dedicate 72 hours a week to kids or just pay others to do so for you. I wish you would call me out to my face.
        You sound like a real motivator!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          The D1 Prospects has a good Saturday. The bats finally woke up after no-showing a few weeks ago. We went 2-0 and are the 3rd seed in the Gold bracket tomorrow.

Noah hit his first career grand slam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Bud that's awesome, I hope he carries it over to HS.

My 11u was 1 and done this morning, it was pretty frustrating, especially watching our "#1" give up bomb (1st pitch of the game), bomb, walk, walk and get pulled to start the game[emoji54]

We fought back and tied it 6-6 with 5mins left and they brought Brock in with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, first pitch was at the knees and the kid drove it to right to end the game.

They are swinging the bats much better than they ever have, we just have to throw strikes.

The 8s faired much better, going undefeated on the weekend and winning the Select30 Super NIT. Logan hit a bomb in the 2nd game today, and my mom and my father in law were both there to see it so that was awesome.

They should be moving more to kid pitch for the rest of the Spring.

I won't let anyone **** on my parade, we spent the weekend at the ballpark and I wouldn't trade time with my boys for anything. All you fellas keep it up, I may not respond to all the posts but I read them all with a smile and hope to see more roll in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

heck of a proud smile House- congrats

Comment

Love it..great stuff congrats guys!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                Bud that's awesome, I hope he carries it over to HS.

My 11u was 1 and done this morning, it was pretty frustrating, especially watching our "#1" give up bomb (1st pitch of the game), bomb, walk, walk and get pulled to start the game[emoji54]

We fought back and tied it 6-6 with 5mins left and they brought Brock in with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, first pitch was at the knees and the kid drove it to right to end the game.

They are swinging the bats much better than they ever have, we just have to throw strikes.

The 8s faired much better, going undefeated on the weekend and winning the Select30 Super NIT. Logan hit a bomb in the 2nd game today, and my mom and my father in law were both there to see it so that was awesome.

They should be moving more to kid pitch for the rest of the Spring.

I won't let anyone **** on my parade, we spent the weekend at the ballpark and I wouldn't trade time with my boys for anything. All you fellas keep it up, I may not respond to all the posts but I read them all with a smile and hope to see more roll in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Congrats to Logan. Awesome that his grandparents were there to see it!

We love our family time at the ballparks and plan vacations around and in conjunction with sports. I 100% agree that no one is raining on our parade.

Comment

This is my sons first year with a select team and my hope is preparation toward high school team opportunity. He has a lot of competition in his grade alone because many of his friends have been playing select ball for years now. We tried local little league in our area but they struggle to even make teams & level of coaching is very lacking. Last spring he played on a 13U local junior league and the coaches didn’t teach anything. One of the two never even played baseball. We never even really practiced any field work. We just showed 30 min before the game & hit a little BP. Now he’s playing under a guy that played college ball & knows the game and has been coaching & offering private lessons in our area for a long time now. I just want my son to experience some solid coaching, learn the game & improve on his weaknesses

Comment

You're right. Misfits, scrappers and dreamers are playing select ball and paying thousands of dollars a year to do so.
                    What exactly are you mad about?

That people pay money for their kids to play tournament baseball? Really?

That's lame..

Comment

Yall are GREATNESS - The way we have kept this up, and had fun contributing and sharing shows that.

J - The leadoff batter you talked about in the bracket game is a friend of Jax's. Played with us on our last team in the Fall before going to LE. That was an crazy good game! Congrats to Logan! Can't wait to see how that team progresses!

Salt - Noah looks like he is already hitting where he left off! That GS is a beautiful thing!

System - Happy as heck to hear about Tan back behind the plate. Rough ending, but man it's cool to hear about him getting back in there.

aggie - Sounds like they got hot early, They will be back in no time!

cwill - Good couple of showings! That long ball is awesome!

We did terrible as expected. I didnt believe we were Majors to begin with. I dont ever cross the Coach or mention anything to the other Parents though. This is my outlet, haha.

Jax is in a terrible funk, and going against this competition that we faced this past weekend isn't what he needs at all. His pitching got rocked on Saturday to start off the play up. I hated the move by the Coach, but he's tough, so I get it. If not for his defense, he would be completely lost.

He's fighting through. He's enjoying his team, and now follows all of his old buddies on Game Changer. Also got to see a few of them this weekend.

I'm losing my fight and enjoyment to be completely honest. I love watching him compete, but these days are getting longer and longer. Being an hour away from home and having 2 hours in between games and getting there an hour early is just starting to wear on me. All the other stuff as well though. Same story for volleyball, only they have brackets set up for both Sat and Sun. Cheer is a 5 hour ordeal for a 3 min. performance that's actually Sat. and Sun. now because of All Star.

Comment

I need to catch up on this thread! Lotta fun stuff going on.
                        My son plays 13U in San Antonio, The Angels organization. They went 2 and 2
                        this past weekend, with too many errors to mention. I'll read up here in a bit...

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by rtarcher View Post
                          I need to catch up on this thread! Lotta fun stuff going on.
                          My son plays 13U in San Antonio, The Angels organization. They went 2 and 2
                          this past weekend, with too many errors to mention. I'll read up here in a bit...

Todd
                          Are you guys going to the Perfect Game in Kerrville in April ?

Comment

Originally posted by knapper View Post
                            Are you guys going to the Perfect Game in Kerrville in April ?
                            That is on our schedule, yes sir. And you?

Comment

At best, 2% will play ball after HS.
                              Please read more so you may know what you're talking about.

From the NCAA link YOU sent:

"Only about two-percent of high school athletes are awarded athletics scholarships to compete in college..."

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                Yall are GREATNESS - The way we have kept this up, and had fun contributing and sharing shows that.

J - The leadoff batter you talked about in the bracket game is a friend of Jax's. Played with us on our last team in the Fall before going to LE. That was an crazy good game! Congrats to Logan! Can't wait to see how that team progresses!

Salt - Noah looks like he is already hitting where he left off! That GS is a beautiful thing!

System - Happy as heck to hear about Tan back behind the plate. Rough ending, but man it's cool to hear about him getting back in there.

aggie - Sounds like they got hot early, They will be back in no time!

cwill - Good couple of showings! That long ball is awesome!

We did terrible as expected. I didnt believe we were Majors to begin with. I dont ever cross the Coach or mention anything to the other Parents though. This is my outlet, haha.

Jax is in a terrible funk, and going against this competition that we faced this past weekend isn't what he needs at all. His pitching got rocked on Saturday to start off the play up. I hated the move by the Coach, but he's tough, so I get it. If not for his defense, he would be completely lost.

He's fighting through. He's enjoying his team, and now follows all of his old buddies on Game Changer. Also got to see a few of them this weekend.

I'm losing my fight and enjoyment to be completely honest. I love watching him compete, but these days are getting longer and longer. Being an hour away from home and having 2 hours in between games and getting there an hour early is just starting to wear on me. All the other stuff as well though. Same story for volleyball, only they have brackets set up for both Sat and Sun. Cheer is a 5 hour ordeal for a 3 min. performance that's actually Sat. and Sun. now because of All Star.
                                that kid pitched for them too and was pretty salty, threw hard when he wanted to and had a curve that struck out a few of our kids looking.

tough to hear from jax but he will work through it, all these kids through rough patches man. all it takes is that one good hit or good game and he will be right back in it. you guys had a rough draw for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X