X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good on you slew

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Just installed the echomap 93sv this morning. Got on the water to test it out about 2 30. Only caught six but was very impressed with side scan! Wish I took a pic of the bridge pillars with the side scan. Fish were easy to spot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Just installed the echomap 93sv this morning. Got on the water to test it out about 2 30. Only caught six but was very impressed with side scan! Wish I took a pic of the bridge pillars with the side scan. Fish were easy to spot.

Very cool. I have a Lowrance Elite Ti2 but cant see fish, or Im not smart enough to differentiate them from the cover. Looks like I need to adjust settings or something.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Very cool. I have a Lowrance Elite Ti2 but cant see fish, or Im not smart enough to differentiate them from the cover. Looks like I need to adjust settings or something.
          First thing I did was turn OFF the auto range setting. Here is a video discussing the two frequencies on side scan for a lowrance. Use the 455 for broader scans to find brush and then switch to 800 to determine if they are fish. I'm very ignorant on these things so need to put my time in just scouting.

Comment

A few other things I figured out quickly on the side scanning. Direction and speed matter on the side scan. 3 to 4 mph was ideal - if you are too slow the images will blur. Also try to keep your route/direction straight, any turns will distort the images.

Comment

Chased birds a couple days! Little man got his first greenhead so he was excited! Hopefully back on the slabs Friday! Work tomorrow. Fry birds Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to jr Slew!

I'ma still work-n on the boat pods. Got them welded out. Just gotta weld them on now. Hopefully, I can get out on the second half.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

Making Jigs can get very additive
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3025.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	24600745

Name:	IMG_2926.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	24600746

Name:	IMG_3028.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24600747

Name:	IMG_3030.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	24600748

Name:	IMG_3447.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	24600749

Name:	IMG_3450.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	24600750

Name:	IMG_3448.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	24600751

Comment

Wrapping up our last day! It's been fun but I'm ready to get home!! I can't remember the last time I went fishing! It's been way way too long!!

Comment

Good looking jigs Buff.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Buff do you treat these jigs with anything? Do you add scent or spray or the crappie don't care?

Comment

I have a basket on the side of the dock that I throw my crappie in. I give most of them away and am hard pressed to keep the population culled.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                              I have a basket on the side of the dock that I throw my crappie in. I give most of them away and am hard pressed to keep the population culled.

Looks like your doing a great job

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Wrapping up our last day! It's been fun but I'm ready to get home!! I can't remember the last time I went fishing! It's been way way too long!!

Sounds like you are having withdrawal symptoms. You better get back to fishing soon to avoid the shakes!

Comment

Working...
                                X