• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully next year.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      Finances and logistics would make this tough for me to do this year but this is awesome!! Thank you American Crappie Trail for working to bring crappie fishing to the next level! Where else can somebody new to crappie fishing fish 2 full days with a pro angler for $350! That's a heck of a deal. A had day guide trip costs that much and your gonna get 2 full days in a boat with a hammer on an awesome lake! I would be looking at $2100 entry plus travel expenses for all 3 and my cut of the 10 team events we plan on fishing is less than that but maybe next year. They thought it out well. Like the way they're doing it. Never been to Alabama River but plan to be there March of 2021!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Very Cool! so how do the Am's get picked? That's a long drive but sounds like a great opportunity to some lucky fishermen.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Very Cool! so how do the Am's get picked? That's a long drive but sounds like a great opportunity to some lucky fishermen.
        It's all done random draw. No telling who you would fish with and it will be somebody different every day. The combined weights is a good thing. If I'm fishing for fish for me and the guy next to me is fishing for fish for him he better bring a long rod and his own livescope!!

This way at the end of the day they walk away with the same score. Kinda like a team for a day. CoAngler side I bet has a waiting list to fish all 3. Pro side will be a little tougher to get IMO.

Comment

Sucker stole my rod and is sticking em!![emoji2]

Comment

Payback!! 2.07!

Comment

Ended up with 3 over 2! Not bad for a couple hours. Spent 30/40 minutes on the bridge cause little man wanted to go there! Stuck several black crappie and went home. Jambalaya is almost done!

Comment

Had a fun morning on Pines
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2A9801E6-BFB6-4EFF-B6BF-4C5682BE6BF6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	24599546

Name:	1BE3FACD-06C6-45F8-9C13-A423DB0B7B94.jpeg
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	24599547

Name:	4C60433E-B47B-4C63-B2F9-01178B9B9ADC.jpeg
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	24599548

Comment

What depth yall getting them at? Hit a few brush piles today at 15-20' and only caught one in about 2hrs.....scouted the rest of the afternoon. Been fishing south end of Conroe but think Im going to hit the north end next time.

Comment

Heck yeah! I'm chomping at the bit to go to Pines!! Clay told me it was unreal a couple weeks ago!

Comment

Heck yeah! I'm chomping at the bit to go to Pines!! Clay told me it was unreal a couple weeks ago!

LOP is too easy right now
                      Ran 3 trips this weekend and all 3 hammered them.
                      If you can get loose to come up, give me a call

Name:	IMG_3764.jpg
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	24599680

Name:	IMG_3767.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	24599681

Name:	75349068_573548386752604_1303595786348527616_n.jpg
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	24599682

Name:	75588289_572588676848575_8665906997188624384_n.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	24599683

Name:	78120479_573548440085932_7298606628113219584_n.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	24599684

Name:	IMG_3771.jpg
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	24599685

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        LOP is too easy right now
                        Ran 3 trips this weekend and all 3 hammered them.
                        If you can get loose to come up, give me a call
                        [ATTACH]980687[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]980688[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]980689[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]980690[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]980691[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]980692[/ATTACH]

Killing me! Wish it wasnt 4 1/2hrs away.

I scouted up north end of Conroe out of Cagle Sunday. Found a few piles but couldnt get em to bite. Its ao shallow up there its hard for me to imagine seeing many up there since they are supposed to be deep. But then I see videos of people catching them 5' deep in Decmber? Whats the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post

I scouted up north end of Conroe out of Cagle Sunday. Found a few piles but couldnt get em to bite. Its ao shallow up there its hard for me to imagine seeing many up there since they are supposed to be deep. But then I see videos of people catching them 5' deep in Decmber? Whats the deal?
                          A little too soon

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post

I probably won't catch a crappie in less than 20' of water from now till March. People catching them shallow in winter are usually in deep creeks. Not all creeks hold crappie in winter and just being 5' deep on a flat this time of year your wasting your time! I would be near a creek channel or deep water this time of year regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              A little too soon

I probably won't catch a crappie in less than 20' of water from now till March. People catching them shallow in winter are usually in deep creeks. Not all creeks hold crappie in winter and just being 5' deep on a flat this time of year your wasting your time! I would be near a creek channel or deep water this time of year regardless.

So they are likely to stage shallow real early? In December I expect them to be deep, but some catch them shallow in Stubblefield when they "should" be deep. Do they crappie in the Stubblefield area act more like creek crappie than lake crappie since they are so far north of the lake?

Snowflake Killa knows this area but not sure if Slew does since its far from home turf...Stubblefield is the far north end of Conroe where the river feeds into Conroe
                              Last edited by miket; 11-18-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I don't know where you talking about but if the river is deep enough for shad to live in when it's gets cold cold some go that way and crappie follow them. The surface temp will be warmer than the water temps on warm days so the shad will come to the surface and the crappie will follow! Same goes for deep. Warmer water will be in the deepest parts of the lake and Shad will go there for warmer water and the crappie will follow. Usually near creek or river channels. These are the fish I'm usually targeting in winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X