2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    We got our 3 year old so nothing crazy. Was thinking of trying out the Mercado, looks nice from the road. Lol

I like Wades Place in Chandler for seafood and steaks. La Plazita on 64 is a dive Mexican joint but it's good!! Bruno's is pretty good pizza! Then there's all the chain stuff in town and what's already been suggested!! Holler next time your this way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      We got our 3 year old so nothing crazy. Was thinking of trying out the Mercado, looks nice from the road. Lol
      Just standard chain Mexican food

If you want Mexican go to La Plazita or Don Juan's

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Heck yeah!! One on each side!!![emoji2]

Each side of the tree[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit Murval with my buddy Slew. The fishing was slow but we managed about 30 decent fish.
          Slew is the man on slinging crappie and out fished me 2 to 1 but in my defense, I have been running guided trips so often that I kept all the trees on his side of the boat
          Click image for larger version

Name:	AB511A0C-8CB7-46BB-955A-6930BF24F6EB.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	24584524

Name:	09A44FBA-93AE-4F4C-B44F-BE870AAFDC96.jpeg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	24584525

Name:	2B055778-60A1-4A2C-85C1-4D1627A74FB5.jpeg
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	24584526

Name:	26F712D0-8309-48E1-81C3-5342971360EB.jpeg
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	24584527

Comment

Nice work gentlemen!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              Hit Murval with my buddy Slew. The fishing was slow but we managed about 30 decent fish.

Slew is the man on slinging crappie and out fished me 2 to 1 but in my defense, I have been running guided trips so often that I kept all the trees on his side of the boat

[ATTACH]963454[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]963455[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]963456[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]963457[/ATTACH]

I'm not used to not running the boat!! I was messed up today!![emoji2]. Had fun! Hate I didn't save room for pie!![emoji22]. Maybe next time we can cross state lines!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Each side of the tree[emoji23][emoji23]

Buddy in Oklahoma has 2 Garmins on the bow each with livescope and 2 on the console!!![emoji15]. His is on the TM and another is on a pole! That dudes got Buff money!![emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  That looks great, now go catch some slabs!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
                  Have you been?

Comment

Slew I was considering donating to y'all at the RR tournament coming soon so I was reading the rules, how in the heck do you keep 7 crappie alive all day?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Have you been?

No, I haven't been crappie fishing. Tried for sand bass a couple of times with limited success. Have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                        No, I haven't been crappie fishing. Tried for sand bass a couple of times with limited success. Have you been?

OH yeah at least once a week. Twice if Curt let's me off.[emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post

Slew I was considering donating to y'all at the RR tournament coming soon so I was reading the rules, how in the heck do you keep 7 crappie alive all day?
                          Come on! I'm probably gonna donate this time myself! I've only been on Roberts twice in the last 5 years both for tourneys! It's tricky keeping them alive and some die anyways! We fill the livewells as soon as we get on the water, add lots of ice throughout the day to keep the livewell temps 10-15 degrees cooler than the surface temp, use G Juice or Rejuvinade, fin weights, and use a 12v Mr Bubbles bubbler that we run all day. Recirculate blows those panfish around so much IMO they kill themselves trying to upright themselves. We also never have more than 8 fish in the livewell and try to keep it clean as well. I rarely put fish in the livewell outside of a tourney. Use a cooler and ice the rest of the time. Cold fish are easier to clean!

Comment

^^^Have you tried an oxygen system to help with live fish?

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                              ^^^Have you tried an oxygen system to help with live fish?

My boat has an oxygenator system I use but IMO it's more gimmick than anything. Some folks actually have O2 tanks and shoot that into the water directly through a diffuser that seems much better. But usually cold water, G juice, fin weights, and a big mister bubbler going they have to wait on our fish to settle down in the basket! That said we learned fish care the hard way costing us $$$!
                              And even with all that they sometimes just die! It's usually your biggest fish! Just make sure they're all alive when you go to weight in or they take the dead fish out and you can't replace it. You can usually check in fish that are stressed earlier than weight-in during the summer so we do that when we can!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Come on! I'm probably gonna donate this time myself! I've only been on Roberts twice in the last 5 years both for tourneys! It's tricky keeping them alive and some die anyways! We fill the livewells as soon as we get on the water, add lots of ice throughout the day to keep the livewell temps 10-15 degrees cooler than the surface temp, use G Juice or Rejuvinade, fin weights, and use a 12v Mr Bubbles bubbler that we run all day. Recirculate blows those panfish around so much IMO they kill themselves trying to upright themselves. We also never have more than 8 fish in the livewell and try to keep it clean as well. I rarely put fish in the livewell outside of a tourney. Use a cooler and ice the rest of the time. Cold fish are easier to clean!
                                I probably would but I'm taking off 3 days the next week to go to Venice chasing redfish.

Comment

Working...
                                X