No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck of a time on the boat today with Marty! First class and had us on fish all morning! We had a blast and caught some slabs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang36 View Post
      Heck of a time on the boat today with Marty! First class and had us on fish all morning! We had a blast and caught some slabs!
      Thanks for coming, I had a blast

Comment

Good job y'all! Me n little man slept in yesterday and went to Palestine for a couple hours. Picked a few off here and there on brushpiles but it was too windy to fish timber. Little man just wanted to shoot docks so I let him captain for a while and then we went to DQ for chicken strips and blizzards! We probsbly had 35-40 in the cooler. After fishing livescope in timber it's hard to get motivated to fish a brushpile anymore. Maybe I'm just spoiled![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          Good job y'all! Me n little man slept in yesterday and went to Palestine for a couple hours. Picked a few off here and there on brushpiles but it was too windy to fish timber. Little man just wanted to shoot docks so I let him captain for a while and then we went to DQ for chicken strips and blizzards! We probsbly had 35-40 in the cooler. After fishing livescope in timber it's hard to get motivated to fish a brushpile anymore. Maybe I'm just spoiled![emoji2]

Mine should be in next week. I took your advice and got the 12 in Garmin. If my wife ever seen the receipt we will be going on a vacation to even things out.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up my guide license today. First trip is Sunday with 20mph S winds and 4 people! Should be interesting! Off to RC till tomorrow!!

Congrats! Or condolences?!

When it is work does it ever stop being fun? No doubt you will have as much work as you can stand!

What is your day rate on RC? I will provide the lodging [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
              At-a-boy slew! You just thought you were busy before. You will likely be hounded constantly now for business, tips, information, etc. You will now be known officially as “The Expert”!

I've fished for nothing but crappie in freshwater for the last 18 years and one thing for sure is the more I do it the less I realize I knew about crappie![emoji2]

That said I'm pretty fair at it. 2 time Texas crappie angler of the year and Texas state crappie champion and 2 time runner up in 3 years of competing. Bob Young taught me how to crappie fish. I've come a long ways since those days but that man was an animal!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Mine should be in next week. I took your advice and got the 12 in Garmin. If my wife ever seen the receipt we will be going on a vacation to even things out.[emoji23][emoji23]

I bought a Polaris ranger from a TBH member while I was on vacation with the bride in Vegas! I was getting cleaned up for dinner and she answered the phone then promptly googled 2010 Polaris ranger 800xp and we went shopping after that! Couple rednecks in a Louis Vitton shop was comical!! She found one she liked in there for $1500 but couldn't make herself spend that much. Off to the Coach store we went and women were buzzing around like flies on a fresh pile for a new limited edition alligator purse for $600! I was fine with whatever but after I inspected it I told her it wasn't even alligator skin it was pleather! I died laughing at a $600 fake alligator skin purse and told momma I would kill a gator and get her one made for that price. Some lady working in the store wanted to argue with me about it till I told her I was from Louisiana not Vegas and I knew what a dang alligator looked like! They asked us to leave after that! Those chicks didn't want anything to do with that purse anymore and my wife hasn't asked me to go shopping since then now that I think about it? Hell I say set it on the counter and tell her look what I did!!![emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  Congrats! Or condolences?!

When it is work does it ever stop being fun? No doubt you will have as much work as you can stand!

What is your day rate on RC? I will provide the lodging [emoji3]

I'm not going to book enough days to make it seem like work! Just want a little fun money for trips and what not. Fork and Palestine are $300 for 1/2 day. Chambers and Tawakoni are $350 a 1/2 day. Other lakes can be negotiated but I'm halfway between Fork and Palestine and my Tundra gets about 7mpg pulling my boat![emoji22]

Comment

That's a cool gator purse story.

Comment

I've fished for nothing but crappie in freshwater for the last 18 years and one thing for sure is the more I do it the less I realize I knew about crappie![emoji2]

That said I'm pretty fair at it. 2 time Texas crappie angler of the year and Texas state crappie champion and 2 time runner up in 3 years of competing. Bob Young taught me how to crappie fish. I've come a long ways since those days but that man was an animal!

I’d say that qualifies you as an expert master (crappie) baiter! 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Slew is costing me money too...trying to keep up with the jones'. Found a deal on this at cabelas. 52 lbs for $799. The one nice thing about a 17 ft tracker is it doesn't take a big motor to push it!

Slew I'm gonna put a bill in the mail!

Comment

Slew is costing me money too...trying to keep up with the jones'. Found a deal on this at cabelas. 52 lbs for $799. The one nice thing about a 17 ft tracker is it doesn't take a big motor to push it!

Slew I'm gonna put a bill in the mail!

Heck yeah man! Im saving up for my minnkota with spot lock. I need 70-80lb thrust.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            Heck yeah man! Im saving up for my minnkota with spot lock. I need 70-80lb thrust.
                            Yep. Need that extra torque to tow around those extra batteries! Mine is a 54 inch shaft. My old one was a 42 inch. This thing doubles as a power pole it's so long!

Comment

Yep. Need that extra torque to tow around those extra batteries! Mine is a 54 inch shaft. My old one was a 42 inch. This thing doubles as a power pole it's so long!

I had the same on my old Triton TR21! Get it calibrated correctly and you will wonder how you fished all those years without spotlock!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                                When you get it you will never know how you fished without it.

Comment

Working...
                                X