No announcement yet.

Land for sale -post here first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me run this up the flag pole again for the start of a new year.

Honestly think this is the best deal for hunting land in Llano County. Seller is down to $2,912 per acre on 343 acres. That is about half of the normal rate in the area. If you are looking for a place you can buy, hold for 5 years or so and hunt on, do some improvements and then sell and make some significant returns, this one is hard to beat. Send it to your agent and ask him/her if they think it is worth your time to look at; seller is happy to pay your agent's commission.

Let me start with the negatives and why it is priced way below market.
    1. It is accessed by an owned lane from a county road, it is a new all-weather road and is NOT an easement. While it is way better than only easement access, it is not as good as a place with a lot of road frontage.
    2. It is raw land with the only improvements being an incredible solar well and a small half acre lake, new low goat panel fencing, large blackbuck herd and new roads. Electricity is very close and can be brought in easily.
    3. Seller is ready to move the property and has market it down to sell.

I will not list all the positives, but take a look at the listing and all the wildlife pictures.

Here is the play.
    Buy, hunt, enjoy, slowing add improvements. Better interior roads, additional water features can be done cheap due to sitting over a very shallow part of the Hickory Aquifer. Build a nice small living structure. That should give you a 50% bump over costs along with 5 years of appreciation.
    Ranch is surrounded by huge neighbors which is one of the reasons hunting is so good. There is one side that has normal size neighbors. At some point in the future, you may be able to add some additional land that gives you more direct road frontage. That would give you an additional large bump in value.

Ask your agent if anything above is incorrect.

What else are you going to do with your money? Put it in the stock market at it's all time high? Any cash flowing real estate is currently selling at a crazy cap rate, one little hick up in the market and that will be negative cash flow. Of course you could buy a T-Bill with a 1.5% return.

Or purchase beautiful hill country land 1.30 hours from Austin, covered in oak trees and full of animals.

That's my pitch. May not sell you, but at least it is honest and straight forward. Can't knock me for trying.

Comment

Anything new out there?

Comment

Looking for 5+ acres in the San Antonio/Somerset/Lytle/Poteet area. Can get financed up to 50K and looking for owner finance for 50K+. Looking to build on in the future but would mind seeing some wildlife in the yard.

Comment

Hamilton County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A new 160 acre ranch project in Atoka County Oklahoma

Comment

I don't have any Texas land to offer but am now in the market to buy some, ideally with the right house already on it. My wife and I are just a few months away from moving back to the Hill Country for retirement.

I'll preface the specifics of my search with a little background. I grew up on a nice ranch between Blanco and Johnson City and still have that place in partnership with my brother, who lives there and cares for our elderly mother. For various reasons, I'm not looking to move back to the ranch itself but do need to be close enough to run back and forth conveniently to visit or do chores. My wife's health also is an issue, as she needs access to good doctors. All this means we're not retiring to Ozona, or even as far out as Rocksprings, Leakey or Utopia. Beautiful places with great hunting, but a bit too far.

I want to acquire enough land to at least have another place to bowhunt, should I so wish. But I don't want a ranch per se...just a few acres where I can run a feeder or two and put my wife on a deer if the mood strikes. And I have places to hunt whitetails, so my focus now is on exotics in general and axis in particular. I really couldn't care less about a turkey and am not a wingshooter.

All the above has me figuring my search will center on the following: Gillespie, Llano, Mason, Kimble, Kerr, Kendall or Comal. My concern over oak wilt has me dodging some otherwise nice areas even in these counties. And I'm not looking north or east of Blanco County, as there are generally too many people and too few axis.

Of course, like most other folks who've hunted deer for nearly 60 years, I also need some high ceilings for taxidermy. I don't have truly big game to display, but a few dozen whitetail shoulder mounts and at least as many Euros. And give me a decent workshop while I'm making my list.

Now that I've described what I'd love to find, someone convince me it can be found for less than the GDP of Brazil. Better yet, point me to a place you know of. Part of me figures I'll just need to buy raw land and build. I'm sure not opposed to that, but it could be a hassle until I get back in the area. We want to make this move by September.

Comment

I'm now starting the search for my perfect weekend get away piece of land for my family. Something that already has electric and water in place would be great and preferably in the hill country. Would like something with a creek or river frontage, 10+ acres. An old indian settlement on the place is a must.[emoji2][emoji41]

I'm open on price, just depends on what the place has to offer. Keep me in mind if any of y'all run across a place like this and thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran across a place a couple weeks ago in rains county that has lake fork lake front. i think it was around 6 acres in the woods, if anyone is interested. It was off a CR by fm 515 just outside of emory. Im pretty sure its still listed on ebby.com for around 80k.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Family ranch is up for sale. I hope it never sells!
                    Grandparents are getting too old to tend to the livestock and I’m too busy to help as much as needed anymore. I can answer most any question about the place. Several water wells. Real good water.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      https://www.landsofamerica.com/prope...Texas/7204254/

Family ranch is up for sale. I hope it never sells!
                      Grandparents are getting too old to tend to the livestock and I’m too busy to help as much as needed anymore. I can answer most any question about the place. Several water wells. Real good water.
                      Beautiful place. I could write a check, but I’d have to suggest they not actually take it to the bank.

Comment

How about 13 acres in Mission Valley Victoria County with 2127 sq foot house and huge 834 sq foot garage for $465,000

PM me for pics and more info

Comment

Looking for 5-20 acres in San Saba area. Text 409.313.1917 if you know of anything. Thanks, Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have anything in the Sam Rayburn area?

Comment

Thinking of selling my place in edwards county. 75 acres south of Rocksprings on 377. Small off grid cabin with a rain catch and solar panels. 3 blinds and feeders that are in great shape and feeder year around. This has been a great place with great neighbors. I don’t have time to really enjoy it like we used too.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
                                Thinking of selling my place in edwards county. 75 acres south of Rocksprings on 377. Small off grid cabin with a rain catch and solar panels. 3 blinds and feeders that are in great shape and feeder year around. This has been a great place with great neighbors. I don’t have time to really enjoy it like we used too.
                                Can you send me details please? Any large neighbors? Game pics? If it’s easier to text, 3four6236575seven
                                Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X