McMullen/Tilden Area Question/Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other openings? Loved that place!

Max’s is pretty good, but Wheelers makes a dang good Burger!

Comment

I used to hunt off Cameron road. I love The area and would like to find a lease near Tilden, but that Cameron road was so bad it about killed me

Comment

Tilden is my hometown, I grew up there, you'll love it. Great people Max is my cousin, haven't been down in years. Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
          I used to hunt off Cameron road. I love The area and would like to find a lease near Tilden, but that Cameron road was so bad it about killed me
          Cameron road is new blacktop from 97-624 now. It is very nice!

Comment

Good luck on the new place.
            Its hard to find a quality ranch in this area - great ranches but not alot of turn over.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
              Good luck on the new place.
              Its hard to find a quality ranch in this area - great ranches but not alot of turn over.
              Thanks, we are going to look at it on Sunday. Hopefully all checks out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                Tilden is my hometown, I grew up there, you'll love it. Great people Max is my cousin, haven't been down in years. Enjoy it.

I hunted mule deer in Mexico with Hector and Leo last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After some hiccups on our side, i finally was able to visit the ranch today. All checked out as advertised!

Beautiful ranch and a good landowner that we look forward to looking with.

Gave a deposit before I left.

Our group had wanted to hunt the brush country for a long time. This place has some great genetics!

Comment

Any extra openings?

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                      If Max's still has their "crunchy fries" on the menu, that is worth the deer lease location in itself
                      Its still there, cant beat their biscuits and gravy, not to mention the maxican food!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                        We are close to signing a hunting lease on a ranch in McMullen County south of Tilden. I will spare the details until everything is signed and done but I wanted to get opinions on things to beware of in the area as we are going to view the place soon. On the same token, what are good things to look for in the area?

The acres per hunter is good and the game cam pictures sent to me show some awesome deer.

We have hunted the hill country for the last 10+ years and know what we want in a deer lease but have never leased in South Texas.
                        As long as its not a Briscoe property the you aee good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          As long as its not a Briscoe property the you aee good to go!

It’s not a Briscoe property.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                            Any extra openings?

No sir, not at the moment.

Comment

My advice for first year brush country hunters. Don’t burn any vacation time in October or most of November. You are going to want to take as many days off from December 15th to January 15th as you can.
                              December 20th is what makes south Texas special.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                                My advice for first year brush country hunters. Don’t burn any vacation time in October or most of November. You are going to want to take as many days off from December 15th to January 15th as you can.
                                December 20th is what makes south Texas special.

Thanks for the advice. I’m used to the season essentially being over by December

Comment

Working...
                                X