No announcement yet.

2019 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more in a peanut butter flavored Duke's last night.

Comment

Get them in while you can. Year's almost out.
      Caught a double this morning in DPs set across a dirt road from each other. Same bait; cat food and fish oil trailing sent.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20191229_064923.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	24603797

Comment

666. 2 with dukes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dukes trap and daughter got to check her scope from the stand to make sure it was still on

Comment

what do you do when a coon(s) eludes two Dukes with marshmallow in them and corn out front to attract, then you find all the corn gone?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                what do you do when a coon(s) eludes two Dukes with marshmallow in them and corn out front to attract, then you find all the corn gone?

Loose the attraction outside the trap... and add corn to the inside bait with a small bit of marshmallow. Feed on the ground usually always results in no catches for us unless there are big numbers.

The more I do this the more I use corn and protein because that is what they are there for.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Loose the attraction outside the trap... and add corn to the inside bait with a small bit of marshmallow. Feed on the ground usually always results in no catches for us unless there are big numbers.

The more I do this the more I use corn and protein because that is what they are there for.
                  OK, that makes more sense. Have caught a few in these traps in the past several months but this one is eating ALL the feeder corn. Not showing up well in the cam either so am thinking its only one or two at most.
                  Do you put corn in the trap first and marshmallow on top or vs versa?

Comment

OK, that makes more sense. Have caught a few in these traps in the past several months but this one is eating ALL the feeder corn. Not showing up well in the cam either so am thinking its only one or two at most.
                    Do you put corn in the trap first and marshmallow on top or vs versa?

I don't really use the MMs much anymore like I said above but when I did, I'd put half a standard MM in first, set it and sprinkle corn on it to where I could still see the top of the trigger. They are there for the corn.....the sweet smell of MM gets them curious IMO.

Or just do straight corn while still being able to see the trigger. Don't set your feeder off and hope your deer have eaten any from any previous spins.

Comment

If not around house cats, use dry cat food. I usually just bait the traps with corn because marshmallows are messy and attract ants. Even if I use them around active feeders, I still catch them on dry cat food or corn. Something about them wanting to dig in a hole for food.

Comment

Is it too late to put in my 33 from the last 5 days?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

If I were in charge of this thread, I'd say add them.

Bout time for a new 2020 thread Smart!

Comment

2019 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

Nope.. you sent me pics that they were killed prior to 1/1/20[emoji41].

I’ll add em in!
                            Last edited by Smart; 01-01-2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

That puts us at 701 for the year! That’s a lot of dang coons! Thanks for putting us over the 700 Mark Marko. Judging by my late winter pics we are gonna have another bumper crop of egg eaters to whack and stack!

Thanks to all you folks for keeping this thread rolling and participating with pics! Fun thread. I’ll get another one started shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Loose the attraction outside the trap... .

Wow... one of my biggest pet peeves and I crapped the bed myself![emoji23]

Lose!!!!! Lose the attraction not loose. [emoji3061][emoji3061]

Comment

Working...
                                X