Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapping deer at Land’s End golf course on Lake Fork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    How many yellow sticky notes did you use?[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ran out of sticky notes. Had lots of notes on scrap paper. 👍

Comment

It's a HOA...they'll never get an honest assessment of the majority even if they held a vote of the homeowners.
      That said, them netting these deer on their property via the state's biologist , is their right...does not matter why the deer are there...it's honestly irrelevant.
      You want the HOA dictating what you do on YOUR land? I doubt it...

Sugarcoat it all you want, but it's 100% about how this effects deer numbers on YOUR land...
      And if I was a LO with a great honeyhole like your's and someone was to knock out 100 head at once, I'd be POed too!

Think about it...
      Q: What's one of the first questions those of us who lease ask landowners?
      A: Does any of your neighbors day lease their land?

Again...it's a tough one...
      Hoping for the best Mr. Rocky...

Comment

Idiot city slickers moving out to the country mess up everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          I’m just curious why so many folks think they’re smarter than a biologist who’s entire life revolves around the betterment of wildlife and the ecosystem as a whole?
          They say it takes about 10,000 hours to be an expert at anything.

I know several people that know deer way better than some wet behind the ears graduate that spent half of his college career hearing about things other than deer.

And it’s happened several times that when we’ve dealt with biologists that they just make up their numbers based on a one time spotlight trip around the ranch.

And yes, their numbers were way off.

The big difference is that the biologists also have to be worried about and play politics. If you think all of the decisions are made based off of what is the best thing for the deer, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            I’m just curious why so many folks think they’re smarter than a biologist who’s entire life revolves around the betterment of wildlife and the ecosystem as a whole?
            Based on this I guess you would just pick a name out of a hat and let any neurosurgeon poke around in your brain?

After all, their life revolves around brain surgery

Not me

In every job classification you have a small percentage that excel, the middle portion that perform average and the tail end that even though they suck at what they do, still manage to draw a check

Not saying biologist here is in that bottom bracket, just saying it should be considered a possibility

Stop the feeding in this situation and the deer will disperse

Comment

Working...
            X