Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kruppa--
    Congratulations to your son! Fine buck.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post

Here is one my son got this past weekend near Paint Rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I dig those brows! Congrats to him!

Comment

Very cool deer!! Congrats!!

Comment

Thanks everyone, He was super proud of this deer, and I am a proud papa !

Comment

Heck of a buck! Congrats to y’all.

Comment

Wow on the brow tines!

Very nice.

Congrats to the young man.

Comment

Anyone have luck this weekend in West Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  Anyone have luck this weekend in West Texas?
                  A lot of deer falling on our place this weekend. Or so I’ve heard. Lol

Comment

Congrats

Comment

May have missed a post, this one is getting so full lol, but we did not see ONE Buck that appeared in rut around Robert Lee? In fact, so dang dense vegetation it was tough to even spot 'em except for a few at the feeders. One of our guys killed an old 8pt, decent rack but not swelled up at all? Jonas and Jim took the buck to the processor in Bronte and noticed none of the bucks appeared to be in rut either??

What are you folks seeing in this area?? From past years it seems we are still a week or two out from the chasing.

Comment

We spent the weekend south of Cristoval. No rut action, a little early yet, but lots of rubbed trees and some scrapes.

Opening morning my oldest killed a pretty good four-year-old eight point with his great great grandfather’s 1894 model 1951 Winchester 3030.

After nothing of consequence last night, we were surprised this morning when our phones automatically reset for daylight savings time and we woke up an hour late. 10 minutes after my son snuck into the stand, I heard the bang. He killed this eight point, which is bigger than any that I or my dad have ever killed.

This is our first year in this area. Where we hunted our whole life, a 3 1/2 year-old 90 inch deer was a monster. It’s fun getting adjusted to the new conditions!

Comment

Good deal, congrats!!

Comment

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Our rut doesn’t really start to show much until 11/11... that’s the date we remember to use to as a guide when most of the activity starts ramping up anyway. It’s really strong then through the week after thanksgiving. Of course it can vary a little but that's just a guideline we use..
                            Last edited by Smart; 11-03-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                              We spent the weekend south of Cristoval. No rut action, a little early yet, but lots of rubbed trees and some scrapes.

Opening morning my oldest killed a pretty good four-year-old eight point with his great great grandfather’s 1894 model 1951 Winchester 3030.

After nothing of consequence last night, we were surprised this morning when our phones automatically reset for daylight savings time and we woke up an hour late. 10 minutes after my son snuck into the stand, I heard the bang. He killed this eight point, which is bigger than any that I or my dad have ever killed.

This is our first year in this area. Where we hunted our whole life, a 3 1/2 year-old 90 inch deer was a monster. It’s fun getting adjusted to the new conditions!

Comment

Seen quite a bit of rut activity at our place in coke county. Couple mature bucks pushing does around. I was kinda surprised

Comment

Working...
                                X