Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
    I’d like you guys opinion on the age of this guy I watched for over an hour tonight. I think he’s no older than 4. I put him on DNS but got a little push back. Another lease member says he’s older, another thinks he’s younger. This is around Water Valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice buck, Crippler! Like the others I say 5+

Comment

Great looking buck. To me he looks 5.5+.

Comment

I’d like you guys opinion on the age of this guy I watched for over an hour tonight. I think he’s no older than 4. I put him on DNS but got a little push back. Another lease member says he’s older, another thinks he’s younger. This is around Water Valley.

Looks 5 and been eating well!

Comment

Here’s one I have aged at 4.5 in WV.

Comment

Definitely looks 5.5 plus to me. Wouldn’t be shocked if teeth showed 6.5

Comment

Ashton was lucky enough to kill this 6 year old 10 point off our Christoval lease grounds last Saturday evening. She shot it with a crossbow and hit it a tad back. After a long exhausting tracking job we finally stumbled across it 18 hours later. It’s not that he ran that far, it was the height and thickness of the broom weed that made the track job so difficult. She and I appreciate the other lease members that helped us look and eventually find.

The rough thing for Ashton was that she had to leave before we found it. She had to pack up and leave the next morning due to her work schedule. But the facetime with her once we found her buck was priceless. Funny how one can go from the low of lows to the highest of excitement, as you can tell in the last photo....... Ha ha

Sorry for me having to be in one of the photos, but I was all she had………..Any one really good with photo shopping a photo or two please P.M. me, I would love to be able to have a couple of photos fixed with her in them.

Age = 6 with 10 score able points, will fully score tonight.
              Beams = 23+
              Spread = 21+

God Bless and best of luck to all.
              Rwc
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Rwc; 10-09-2019, 07:53 AM. Reason: New Photo Added

Comment

Congratulations to her, that's a great deer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                  Ashton was lucky enough to kill this 6 year old 10 point off our Christoval lease grounds last Saturday evening. She shot it with a crossbow and hit it a tad back. After a long exhausting tracking job we finally stumbled across it 18 hours later. It’s not that he ran that far, it was the height and thickness of the broom weed that made the track job so difficult. She and I appreciate the other lease members that helped us look and eventually find.

The rough thing for Ashton was that she had to leave before we found it. She had to pack up and leave the next morning due to her work schedule. But the facetime with her once we found her buck was priceless. Funny how one can go from the low of lows to the highest of excitement, as you can tell in the last photo....... Ha ha

Sorry for me having to be in one of the photos, but I was all she had………..Any one really good with photo shopping a photo or two please P.M. me, I would love to be able to have a couple of photos fixed with her in them.

Beams = 23+
                  Spread = 21+

Rwc

Congrats Ashton!! Great looking buck. Heck of some measurements on those main beams and spread.

Comment

Little late but I had a good opener. The ranch we are hunting wants all 8pts over 3.5 years old shot.

I got a doe opening morning and the 8 pt that evening. My daughter got a nice doe last weekend.

Now to focus on a big one. Fingers crossed.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5815.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	24595465Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5813.JPG
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24595464Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5805.JPG
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	24595463

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post

Beams = 23+
                      Spread = 21+

Rwc
                      Congrats again to Ashton.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                        Little late but I had a good opener. The ranch we are hunting wants all 8pts over 3.5 years old shot.

I got a doe opening morning and the 8 pt that evening. My daughter got a nice doe last weekend.

Now to focus on a big one. Fingers crossed.

Nice buck.
                        Congrats on the bow kills.

Comment

Way to go guys getting the daughters involved, nice deer!

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses, looks like he's going on management list for one of the kids, will be a great first buck for someone. We really don't need any more mature clean 8's.

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses, looks like he's going on management list for one of the kids, will be a great first buck for someone. We really don't need any more mature clean 8's.

You aren’t lyin! We’re covered up with them as well down the road

Comment

Congrats on your success, nice buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X