Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
    did it rain south of Mertzon? we needed some to knock the dust down

I’m not sure on that one we’re in the NW comer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like we got a little but prob just enough to knock down the dust for an hr

Comment

Water valley area got some good rains Monday and Tuesday. Don’t know exact amounts, but there was standing water for a while after.

Comment

No rain across the tracks but Bart was in today so it was a good morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            No rain across the tracks but Bart was in today so it was a good morning.
            Can't wait to see you run an arrow through him. I believe he is going to surprise you, size wise. Good luck.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
              This is the deer I figured you would like. Biggest brows I’ve had pictures of. Curious to see him in person. I’ve got 3 years of history. Pretty good jump this year. He doesn’t like having his picture taken though.

[ATTACH]973675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]973676[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]973678[/ATTACH][ATTACH]973677[/ATTACH]

Daaang I missed this earlier! Yes sir he would be at the top of the list with those deer brainers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                Can't wait to see you run an arrow through him. I believe he is going to surprise you, size wise. Good luck.

Rwc

Thanks RWC. I hope you are right[emoji41]

Ran across another good angle in the 8000 TC pics last night[emoji23]

And a deer I passed on 10 times showed up back at my Slacker blind. Still short on tines like last year but I dig his mass and brows . This is my 3rd year with him. His tines were longer the first year we noticed him. That's why I gave him a pass last year. To see if his tines and mass would both increase. Only got 1 out of 2

Comment

A few more hours at this place of employment and I will be heading west to beautiful Crockett county.
                  Last edited by Mayhem; 09-27-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Comment

Be careful tomorrow morning the rattle worms are moving good.

Why did the snake cross the road

So I could run it over and not waste a bullet.

This little guy was by our vehicles. He won at peak-a-boo at 1:00am, but lost at a game of tag. The little circle is where it was coiled up waiting in ambush. It a good thing it was not dark brown. It would have blended in to its surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                        Back at you. I will be on my river grounds, but get a cell signal..........just saying. ha ha If we can catch a slight break in the wind direction, Breck should have a stud down first sit.

Be in your parts next Friday for a 3 or 4 day sit.

Rwc

Comment

Good luck Gentlemen.... and txwhitetail..[emoji12][emoji23]

We are leaving at 2. Plan on hunting through Tuesday am. No evening hunts for me. Don’t want to stink my box up or die.[emoji23]. Plus Bart in no showing in the evenings.

I tried 90 in these boxes once. Maybe when I was younger but I’d rather not hallucinate and dang near pass out these days. I start seeing Indian witchdoctor ghosts after 89 deg inside them [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                            ^^^.

Almost time.

Comment

An hour 1/2 out. I can taste the cold beer already! Good luck to everyone. Be safe and shoot straight!

Comment

Couple more hours work then I am west bound. Can't take it. Not getting **** done.

Comment

Working...
                                X