Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    7/10 at your lease I heard in WV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'll take it! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      That last line gave us enough to make a puddle.

I wonder how far you actually are from us to get that Covert to work. We get very very limited spoty service on our place. It’s frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
        I wonder how far you actually are from us to get that Covert to work. We get very very limited spoty service on our place. It’s frustrating!

Not very far. I think we are a little closer to Christoval as the crow flies. You using a booster antenna? Don't trust your phone antenna. It's weak compared to these. We have a few that run off the stock antennas but some will not. This particular one, before I got LTE cameras, was on this 17' pole with a booster antenna to get signal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	17' antenna2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	24579570

Once I replaced it with an LTE camera, it only requires about 10 off the ground or the length of one piece of 1.5" conduit with the same booster antenna at the top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Covert 3.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	24579571

Comment

God is good! loving the rain, we should be good until mid june-early July at this point. Still a good chance rest of the week but it will prob all be runoff, doubt the ground can soak up much more.

Comment

1/2” in the desert at our place.

Comment

this has to be one of the best starts we've had in a long time, moisture wise.

Comment

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
                this has to be one of the best starts we've had in a long time, moisture wise.
                I’ve been in that part of the country for over 12 years and I have never seen it as green as it is right now.

Comment

My Turkey vid I threw together this evenin, hopefully this works [emoji1303]

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3OfbQTkw8xk"]2019 Turkey Bow Hunt - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Last edited by arrowsonly88; 05-08-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                      my turkey vid i threw together this evenin, hopefully this works [emoji1303]

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                      👍

Comment

Great job Brady!

Comment

My Turkey vid I threw together this evenin, hopefully this works [emoji1303]

2019 Turkey Bow Hunt - YouTube

Nice work! ......even got in the hunting show default of "Smoked em"..

Congrats!

Quick question, were you using a green nock or was that just real good lighting? My red lighted nocks did not show up worth a flip on my two videos this year.. About to order some more and I have been told green shows up better during the day.
                          Last edited by Smart; 05-09-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Smart, yes sir that’s what I had on there. Green does seem to show up better from my experience. I tried the strobe ones last year and wasn’t a fan. Stickin with green from here on out [emoji1303]

Last edited by arrowsonly88; 05-09-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Great video!!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Smart, yes sir that’s what I had on there. Green does seem to show up better from my experience. I tried the strobe ones last year and wasn’t a fan. Stickin with green from here on out [emoji1303]

Thank you. I have shot red while deer hunting for years with no issues but those late morning and mid day gobbler shots didn't come through very well on video. I could see them but the video didn't pick them up. I guess I'll buy some green for my turkey arrows.
                                Last edited by Smart; 05-09-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X