No announcement yet.

Worst landowner "rules"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told I lived to close (30 mins away) to the lease and that it wasn't fair to the other hunters that lived few hours away.

Comment

No 7 pointers could be shot under any circumstances. The owner was VERY superstitious and thought it would bring bad luck.

Comment

No smiling or thinking about girls. I kid

Comment

No shooting any deer with less than 10 points. His property didn’t have any culls, just deer needing another year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            It's a year around lease but you must "Call before you come every time".

Thats almost always CODE for I am day leasing it or hunting it when you are not here...
            I'm a land owner and it might be because he doesn't want to mess up your hunt. Not all land owners are bad people!

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
              One of those "cant live within *** miles of lease"
              And no Local, State, or Government employees {this includes all Lawyers}

Folks all lease rules have a name on them.

No shooting from the truck - - - Johnny
              No fires - - you Idiot Brian
              If you live within 45 minutes you will never leave - - Bob
              You can not spend 3 weeks up here because the Gov gives you 2 months a year off - - David

It is what it is.............

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
                "No Louisiana hunters."
                This is a good rule! Have you ever seen a deer in Louisiana?

Comment

This was from a lease manager. “People can only hunt every other weekend because I have to be up there when people are there and I’m on call every other weekend so I can’t go to the lease when I’m on call”

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    I'm a land owner and it might be because he doesn't want to mess up your hunt. Not all land owners are bad people!
                    Oh I know and every situation is different. I have a great land owner.. He doesn't live on the property that I lease.. In 20 years we go and come as we please.

Unfortunatley the hunting business is like any other business.. There are always dishonest crooks, on both sides, and deer and money seem to make it a little worse at times..

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      This is a good rule! Have you ever seen a deer in Louisiana?
                      Man I hunted with a group from over yonder ONCE as in 1 year!!!!
                      They actually joined a lease that I had been on for 5 years..
                      It was different.. I quickly and quietly exited right!!
                      Foot note: I know they ain't all bad...

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        Agreed! That’s exactly why I want to know every time my hunters are in.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                          Blinds must be 6ft off the ground. East Texas lease. No mowing grass until after July 1st. Also east Texas lease

ET lease-
                          Our blinds have to be 8’ off the ground. Huge safety factor involved in getting them up and taking them down. All to prevent this magical bullet from flying down the road and hitting the guy in the next blind up 400 yards away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all will probably laugh but the only rules our landowner is really worried about is keep the highway gate shut and water the large pecan tree when we’re out. Been here 7 years and very fortunate to have a great relationship with landowner.

Some funny posts/stories though keep them coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All guests must give dna samples along with FBI background check, & ALWAYS be within eyesight at all times and that is including all Duce drops. Optics allowed to make sure no shenanigans are being considered.

We trust you into the care of our children but not our whitetail...wait, changed mind. NO GUESTS!!

Comment

Landowner reserves the right to harvest one buck of his choice

Comment

Working...
                                X