No announcement yet.

Experimental “diet”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have problems making bad choices after 7 so I will chew gum seems to help.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

The Push diet works ......Push your self away from the table. 35lb down so far.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
        For what I’m trying to do, if it doesn’t exist naturally, I don’t eat it. So no bread or anything related to it. No sugar, but honey is ok. No bread, no cookies, etc is easy. No tortillas is dang near killing me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ^^^ These items above and avoiding sodas are the biggest challenges folks should take on. The longer I eat Keto style diet the better I feel. Eggs with anything I want in the morning and half an avocado. Big salad with nuts, avocado and a meat protien for lunch. If I eat dinner it's usually something from off the grill...

Comment

Is the McRib processed?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Is the McRib processed?

No. It’s extruded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good For You! I've been trying this as well... Hard to do sometimes but well worth it. Feel so much better because of it!

Comment

New thing happened on Friday. Thursday night I didn’t feel too good so all I ate for dinner was a bite or two of grilled chicken and a few grapes. Then laid down and went to bed early. I woke up Friday morning like I normally do at 0500 but had an unexpected amount of energy. Was not hungry at all. Took breakfast to work but just wasn’t hungry. Decided to skip it just to see how long I could go before I either got hungry or ran out of energy. Made it all the way to lunch and still not hungry and tons of energy. Had a lunch mtg so I did eat lunch. Same thing on Saturday. Tons of energy in the morning and not hungry. Did a little internet research and I guess one of the potential side effects of eating lean/natural/healthy/etc is that your body changes from burning food to burning fat. Heard it on Joe Rogan but hadn’t paid attention to it, something called intermittent fasting. I’m adding that to the experiment. Not just to lose weight, but the energy level I have is much higher than before. And I’m just not that hungry. I’m going to do 6/18 a couple times a week, but will always have something to eat nearby in case I need to bail out. This ain’t about making myself suffer!

Comment

An easy way to shop for what your doing is only buy from the outside walls of the grocery store. My endocrinologist gave me that tip. Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Is the McRib processed?
                    The McRib doesn't count as calories, carbs, protein, etc. The joy that the McRib brings to your soul far outweighs any negative dietary implications.

The McRib is just God's way of letting us know that He loves us and to remind us that Jesus' birthday is coming soon. That's why they only have them in November and December....to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Well...Happy Birthday, Jesus....I'll take 2 for $5.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      The McRib doesn't count as calories, carbs, protein, etc. The joy that the McRib brings to your soul far outweighs any negative dietary implications.

The McRib is just God's way of letting us know that He loves us and to remind us that Jesus' birthday is coming soon. That's why they only have them in November and December....to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Well...Happy Birthday, Jesus....I'll take 2 for $5.

This is about the only thing I disagree with you about. I did watch a show where they showed the process start to finish, and it’s surprisingly normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't over think diets. It is simply science...

You must achieve:

Calories in < Calorie out

Meaning, your TDEE needs to be larger than your calorie intact. Whatever program, diet, or strategy that works for you is just fine!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                          An easy way to shop for what your doing is only buy from the outside walls of the grocery store. My endocrinologist gave me that tip. Think about it
                          This just greatly simplified things for me. Great info.

Comment

January 1 - 254.7 lbs
                            January 31 - 239.2 lbs

Doubt February will be as good as my body has adjusted to it but I have more energy and will try to be more active to keep the progress moving. So far this feels like it is the most sustainable eating program because it really isn’t one. So many good things to eat and make that are all natural that bread, sugar, and processed foods aren’t missed at all.

Comment

January 1 - 254.7 lbs
                              January 31 - 239.2 lbs
                              March 1 - 224.2 lbs

Woohoo! First 15 came off easy because pretty much all my body had to do was not take in garbage in order to burn off the fat. The second month I have been experimenting with intermittent fasting. 18/6 (mainly just skipping breakfast) with one 24hr fast mixed in 1x/week. I think this is probably responsible for 5-7lbs of the 15 down in February.

Energy is still through the roof, appetite is not really a thing I notice anymore (though I could have destroyed an entire king cake by myself yesterday), and haven’t had reflux in 6 weeks. The next hurdle will be to try exercising. I hate exercising, but the wife and I have started walking the trails in Kingwood, and I will try something more strenuous on the days after the 24hr fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                                January 1 - 254.7 lbs
                                January 31 - 239.2 lbs
                                March 1 - 224.2 lbs

Woohoo! First 15 came off easy because pretty much all my body had to do was not take in garbage in order to burn off the fat. The second month I have been experimenting with intermittent fasting. 18/6 (mainly just skipping breakfast) with one 24hr fast mixed in 1x/week. I think this is probably responsible for 5-7lbs of the 15 down in February.

Energy is still through the roof, appetite is not really a thing I notice anymore (though I could have destroyed an entire king cake by myself yesterday), and haven’t had reflux in 6 weeks. The next hurdle will be to try exercising. I hate exercising, but the wife and I have started walking the trails in Kingwood, and I will try something more strenuous on the days after the 24hr fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Good job OP!

Comment

Working...
                                X