• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'm not sure? How about 3M 5200

Hope all is well!

Comment

5200 is forever! 4200 will work fine also.

Comment

thx everyone.

Comment

Transom saver is the best trust me and they are on sale. Why would you drill in the fiberglass if you can get a transom saver.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
              None of them will shoot through the hull though.
              I am not sure about side scan but my offshore boat transducer was shoot through and worked way better than anything hanging off the back. In fact, the back hanging transducers look micky mouse compared to a high end through hull.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                I am not sure about side scan but my offshore boat transducer was shoot through and worked way better than anything hanging off the back. In fact, the back hanging transducers look micky mouse compared to a high end through hull.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
                Sonar. Plain old sonar will. I have a shoot through the hull transducer on my Skeeter 22i Class for sonar and it reads at speed. Down imaging and side imaging won't do that.

I have an external stern mount transducer for that and one on the trolling motor.

Comment

Here's the deal with transducers. if you want to scan with 2d shoot through is the best because it will work on plane. if you are scanning down with Chirp or sidescaning the outside tranduser is the best. you dont side scan or down scan on plane anyways. its all about placement of the transducer for best picture quality and the level of the transducer while scanning. ive got a few tricks to use to get the best picture quality. if you want you can pm me and ill walk you through how to get the best picture your unit can produce. if i did answer your question you can pm me and ill try my best. I dont think i know everything there is to know about the subject but ive done my homework and know the people to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                    Sonar. Plain old sonar will. I have a shoot through the hull transducer on my Skeeter 22i Class for sonar and it reads at speed. Down imaging and side imaging won't do that.

I have an external stern mount transducer for that and one on the trolling motor.
                    at speed you cant see anything but a quick bottom contour.

Comment

5200 is the ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4200 is all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by coach2 View Post
                          at speed you cant see anything but a quick bottom contour.
                          Ummm. At speed, what do you want to see? For me, I just want to see depth. If I need to see detail I just look at my down imaging or my side imaging, or both. I can see quite a bit of detail with the Mega transducer. At 65 mph I am more worried about how deep it is.

You act like sonar is all there is. It's not. Not by a long shot.

Comment

well...i went with 5200 and put it on and screwed it back in... where they mounted the transducer i couldn't put the stern saver piece. it would have been below the bottom of the boat by a quarter inch.

Comment

For those using the glue on plates......how well would they bond to aluminum? My shoot through transducer crapped out last year and I need to get it fixed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X