Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’ll never play a down in the NFL. This is just a stunt to try and get more money out of the As. Hopefully they tell him “good luck”.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      He’ll never play a down in the NFL. This is just a stunt to try and get more money out of the As. Hopefully they tell him “good luck”.

I’ll bite.

The only thing working against Kyler is a couple of inches. Did that ever stop any of us? (Wink). His mobility and accuracy are off the charts. I’ll admit, I’ve been wrong before but In the case of VY, I figured (incorrectly) that he could eventually master the game even with a less than stellar wonderlic. Murray has no such handicap. I think Mayfield’s success will lead to a high draft pick. Perhaps even in the first round. I hope we get to see him on Sunday’s.

Even though he’s Crimson and Cream, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        That probably won't happen, since they won't get a compensation pick in this situation. But we'll see shortly

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
          I’ll bite.

The only thing working against Kyler is a couple of inches. Did that ever stop any of us? (Wink). His mobility and accuracy are off the charts. I’ll admit, I’ve been wrong before but In the case of VY, I figured (incorrectly) that he could eventually master the game even with a less than stellar wonderlic. Murray has no such handicap. I think Mayfield’s success will lead to a high draft pick. Perhaps even in the first round. I hope we get to see him on Sunday’s.

Even though he’s Crimson and Cream, I believe.

Smart man.

I don't like the VY comparison though.
          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-14-2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Smart man.

I don't like the VY comparison though.

I’m just pointing out that I’ve been wrong before.

Comment

I don't think kyler plays NFL. Apparently the A's have gotten with MLB about offering him a major league contract so saying he declares for the draft just gets them more time to get him more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                I’m just pointing out that I’ve been wrong before.

Got it.

Murray could prove to be a better NFL player. He is not as good of a college player based on wins and losses.

I'm not underestimating that kid again. Murray has huge hype right now. He can play some football. Never seen him play baseball.
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-14-2019, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Got it.

Murray could prove to be a better NFL player. He is not as good of a college player based on wins and losses.

I'm not underestimating that kid again. Murray has huge hype right now. He can play some football. Never seen him play baseball.
                  From what little I watched him play Baseball last year, he has a serviceable average of around .290 with a little pop and he can flat fly around the outfield and base path and has a cannon of an arm from out there too.

I think in HS he was throwing about 92 off the mound also, just a very good all around athlete.

Comment

KM is making a mistake by declaring for the NFL. He is not a franchise type player and the teams know that. They also know he will play 2-3 years a best so they won't waste a 1sr or 2nd round pick on him. He can only hope for something comparable to what the As signed him for, 4-5 Mill. This highest bidder game him and his has been old man are playing is going to come back and bie then in the rear. Take what you have guaranteed and be happy

Comment

I think the best thing that ever happened to Kyler Murray, was Patrick Mahomes. He only needs one team to bite in the first ~40 picks or so, and I think someone will.

Comment

Kingsbury gonna take him first overall like he said?
                        My thoughts exactly!

Comment

I read yesterday reports stating that Kyler told the A's wouldn't declare if the A's offered him $15 million guaranteed. I suppose him declaring doesn't take that off the table, but probably gives him more leverage. Whether his intent is to ever play NFL or not, it's evident he's going to use it as leverage to get the most money possible.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            I read yesterday reports stating that Kyler told the A's wouldn't declare if the A's offered him $15 million guaranteed. I suppose him declaring doesn't take that off the table, but probably gives him more leverage. Whether his intent is to ever play NFL or not, it's evident he's going to use it as leverage to get the most money possible.
                            Football is what he loves. If he really wanted to play baseball, he wouldn't have played for OU this year. If he really wanted to play baseball, he would have gone in the MLB draft out of high school and started honing his game.

He is gonna get paid either way.
                            Last edited by El General; 01-15-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

So not even Fox wants the rights to the Big 12 “Championship” game. Ouch.

Comment

Boy you are ate up with it. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X