Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the football route first is the best way to go. More guaranteed money early on. If he flops, he can go back to baseball. Football is harder to get back into. And he plays qb, who we all know barely gets hit anymore and is protected big time. So the injury/cte thing isnt as big for him as a rb,lb,or wr.
    If he signs a top 10 pick and gets his rookie contract, he will be way ahead of bouncing around the minors, living like a hs kid, sharing a hotel room, riding a bus for 5 years going to nowhere,USA to play. He can do that at 28 yrs old with tens of millions in his pocket.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Born a texas fan. Went to first texas game when I was 5 watched earl run to the heisman.
      He was my fav player hence the reason I loved the Oilers.
      Bled burnt orange ever since.
      Went to college there and hope my kids go there.
      Me and a buddy commuted to school and parked at the disch and got to know lots of the ball players. Was a great time.
      Watched the horns go to omaha and win it all under gus and augie. Watched VY run to the title at the rose bowl and watched tj ford hoop it up to the final 4 in nawlins.
      1 thing is certain, I love the horns but will never just blindly root for any coach just cause. They have to produce as they get paid top dollar to do so. I dont necessarily like Hermans odd ways, but so far the results are great (other than losing some head scratchers). I do think he has us on the right trajectory. I have tons of aggy friends lost who were in the corp so we rib each other alot, hence the reason I like hecckling the die hard aggys on here. Just all in fun though.
      Ok cool, hookem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        I think the football route first is the best way to go. More guaranteed money early on. If he flops, he can go back to baseball. Football is harder to get back into. And he plays qb, who we all know barely gets hit anymore and is protected big time. So the injury/cte thing isnt as big for him as a rb,lb,or wr.
        If he signs a top 10 pick and gets his rookie contract, he will be way ahead of bouncing around the minors, living like a hs kid, sharing a hotel room, riding a bus for 5 years going to nowhere,USA to play. He can do that at 28 yrs old with tens of millions in his pocket.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        Absolutely right. The guaranteed money he’ll get in the NFL is 2-4 times, at least, as the 5+million from the A’s.

Assuming he’s drafted in round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          Program imploded and he retired?

Remember when y’all had a coach that won a national championship and the program imploded and he retired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Grew up rooting for the Horns ever since I could remember watching the games on TV. That all changed when my parents said no on going to UT in 1971. Enrolled at A&M and the wife and I graduated from there in 1975. Diehard Aggie, but do not post a lot on this thread due to way too much BS, but I do like reading the posts.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
              Born a texas fan. Went to first texas game when I was 5 watched earl run to the heisman.
              He was my fav player hence the reason I loved the Oilers.
              Bled burnt orange ever since.
              Went to college there and hope my kids go there.
              Me and a buddy commuted to school and parked at the disch and got to know lots of the ball players. Was a great time.
              Watched the horns go to omaha and win it all under gus and augie. Watched VY run to the title at the rose bowl and watched tj ford hoop it up to the final 4 in nawlins.
              1 thing is certain, I love the horns but will never just blindly root for any coach just cause. They have to produce as they get paid top dollar to do so. I dont necessarily like Hermans odd ways, but so far the results are great (other than losing some head scratchers). I do think he has us on the right trajectory. I have tons of aggy friends lost who were in the corp so we rib each other alot, hence the reason I like hecckling the die hard aggys on here. Just all in fun though.
              Ok cool, hookem.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                Remember when y’all had a coach that won a national championship and the program imploded and he retired?
                Yep.....Homer Norton 1939.

Comment

Working...
                X