This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    The only person that said he would be successful at least out loud was Mayfield. The slaps on here said he wouldn’t make it through the college season. Remember, he was going to get “broke”. ��
    I could easily see him being "successful" at 0u, I never saw top 3 rounds of the NFL draft "successful"....and the a's already gave him 5 mil, like I said.

It will make the draft a little more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      In the long run he’s still making a bad decision imo. Baseball pays so much better for so much longer with so few more physical *** whippings. There was a great article on Jeff Samardzija and his decision to skip football for baseball today. 120 mill later it’s a great choice and most of his draft day cohorts are out of the NFL.
      The difference is Smardzija was a slightly above average WR, and very good pitching prospect.

KM is a slightly above average CF who may not be able to hit, and now a potential 1st round QB.

The way the NFL changed rookie contracts make it a little different conversation. Rookie deals are guaranteed, and the backup QB game is very weak.....and a pretty sweet deal. I mean Case Keenum is still kickin around, holding a clipboard somewhere...

Comment

Are you feeling ok Grimes? I think I saw a small Texas compliment in there. Had to go back and read it 5 times for any backhanded undertones but I do believe that was a compliment.[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23]. Just checking on you buddy.[emoji41]
        Meh, don’t get your hopes up, he just hates Murray worse.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          Meh, don’t get your hopes up, he just hates Murray worse.
          I don’t hate Kyler, it’s Kevin I have a problem with. He’s a cancer to whatever program Kyler is in. He was over bearing at Allen HS, he was intrusive at A&M, not sure how he was at OU, but I can’t see the leopard changing his spots. Truth be known, Kyler’s decision is that of his dad, not his.

Comment

Are you feeling ok Grimes? I think I saw a small Texas compliment in there. Had to go back and read it 5 times for any backhanded undertones but I do believe that was a compliment.[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23]. Just checking on you buddy.[emoji41]
            **** Moose Huntin......making me too nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              The difference is Smardzija was a slightly above average WR, and very good pitching prospect.

KM is a slightly above average CF who may not be able to hit, and now a potential 1st round QB.

The way the NFL changed rookie contracts make it a little different conversation. Rookie deals are guaranteed, and the backup QB game is very weak.....and a pretty sweet deal. I mean Case Keenum is still kickin around, holding a clipboard somewhere...

I think you have it flipped...

'Fans knew Samardzija as a **** good wide receiver, and for a **** good reason. He had reeled in 77 receptions for 1,249 yards in the 2005 season, tacking on 15 touchdowns for good measure.
              And since Samardzija was 6'5" with good speed, good hands and an obvious ability to make plays, he looked like the kind of player who was going to be catching passes for a looooong time.
              By comparison, his pitching didn't seem to be all that special. Samardzija did go 8-2 in 2006 for the Irish, but he also had a merely decent 4.33 ERA and a .272 opponents' batting average. Next to his receiving numbers, those numbers didn't look like much."

Smarz was projected to be late first round early second in the NFl draft ...better than slighty above average.

How would Jeff Samardzija have panned out in the National Football League, you ask? Former Notre Dame teammate and current Chicago Bears safety Tom Zbikowski gave Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune an answer to that question last week...

Case is the Broncos starter...Clipboards are $3 mill ish per. Good gig if you can get it...but if he can hit he'll last longer in MLB with less CTE and pain. ....Smarz signed a 5 year $90 million at 31 in 2015. ..
              Last edited by Smart; 02-11-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                **** Moose Huntin......making me too nice!!

You should good moose hunting more often. It's obviously good for your soul..

Comment

I guess I don't put that much stock in "**** good WR at noter dame". Point being, he was a pitching prospect, and they are a lot more rare than small outfielders. KM is a potential first round QB prospect. (also, didn't we hear that he was a SS prospect when drafted? Or did I imagine that?)

That minor league prospect life aint too glamorous up beside of a NFL gig, it's a conversation to have, no doubt.

I wonder how many comparable baseball prospects to him see a ~5mil per year contract, and how many never see the show..

Starting for the broncos is a back up job these days.
                  Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-11-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

You should good moose hunting more often. It's obviously good for your soul..
                    Moose huntin and Jesus!!!

Comment

In the long run he’s still making a bad decision imo. Baseball pays so much better for so much longer with so few more physical *** whippings. There was a great article on Jeff Samardzija and his decision to skip football for baseball today. 120 mill later it’s a great choice and most of his draft day cohorts are out of the NFL.
                      I agree with your thought on baseball over football but I think he is more of a project in baseball with a lot of upside but not fully developed, his Fb skill set is thoroughly developed, just vertically challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        I became a Texas fan at the ripe young age of 8. The 76 game against Arkansas on ABC. The next year I watched every game and went to the Texas games in Waco the rest of my childhood. Half of my family is north of the Red River. You pick a side. My side was Texas. My dad was a Sooner.

Here is the better question. Are children and teenagers not allowed to be a college football fan and pick a team? Are they allowed to but have to stop when they turn 18 and don't go to college or go to a smaller college than their original team they chose to be a FAN of?

Did you work for the organizations of your pro sports teams?

I am a successful business owner. I made it by working my *** off and using the natural intelligence I was born with. No need for a liberal higher education.
                        Anyone is allowed to be fans of anything they want. No I have never worked for any pro sports team. By the time I was 21 I was married, a father, and paying my own way through college.

-john

Comment

You didn’t upset anybody. You asked about a topic that gets bounced around here by some of the regular Aggie honks and we gave you an answer we normally give them one or twice then ignore them ...[emoji1303][emoji23] and yes that question or reference has never been asked by any other school’s fans in here. The consistency of its derivation is incredible.[emoji41]

Now.. in the grand scheme of things when a person has to preempt his post with “I’m not trying to be an ass”, he usually is going to be an ***[emoji23][emoji23]. Since we are asking questions here I guess the better question is why would you feel like you needed to ask it and what would any answer that was given do for you personally if “it doesn’t really matter”....
                          Thanks for the explanation. I don't normally keep up with this thread too much so I did not know that this was a thing.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                            I know a little Dachshund pup that’ll be wearing a Longhorn collar just as soon as it arrives. Longhorn T-shirt fan here, graduated from East Texas State.

and I bet she will look good in it....LOL.

-john

Comment

Never attended any University in Texas. Who all wants me as a t-shirt fan? Kids and extended family graduated from A&M and UT. LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                I agree with your thought on baseball over football but I think he is more of a project in baseball with a lot of upside but not fully developed, his Fb skill set is thoroughly developed, just vertically challenged.

So he also has the potential to flop in football and soar in baseball as well?....

Let me rephrase my initial statement.....I thinking him signing for the upfront money in football is a mistake because I think he'd make more over the life of baseball and not be beat the hell up.....if ....if he can hit a curve ball. We don't know if he can hit but we also don't know if he can play QB in the NFL where everybody is NFL talent....not 3-5 players per defense...

Comment

Working...
                                X