Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Dales infamous quote comparing ranking players to naming fireants comes into play here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      It all works itself out in the end.

Where are they now?

One done, one on an NFL roster and the other is yet to be determined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dunning’s knees forced him out.

I was surprised they never tried to make Pryor a LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I think Dales infamous quote comparing ranking players to naming fireants comes into play here.
        I agree and the media types and fan bases just keep poking the mound with a stick everyday to keep them stirred up to generate more and more attention!

It a money thing!

Comment

I don't really believe in the star bump for a specific program so much. That said, I guess it could happen. Maybe they give a high 4 star the 5th star occasionally. If anyone got it, it would be Bama. That said, the rise of the kid at Texas was not the Texas bump. Dude went from off the radar to their top recruit. Also, for those that don't know they just redid ALL the rankings and there was a ton of movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            I don't really believe in the star bump for a specific program so much. That said, I guess it could happen. Maybe they give a high 4 star the 5th star occasionally. If anyone got it, it would be Bama. That said, the rise of the kid at Texas was not the Texas bump. Dude went from off the radar to their top recruit. Also, for those that don't know they just redid ALL the rankings and there was a ton of movement.

Yup senior film highlights come out and they reanalyze the individual. This is why blowing your wad in March about a #1 or high recruiting class is comical.. Stuff changes. I'd much rather have the mythical rankings using senior film than junior film around the time they are to be signed. Plus they don't make trophies for recruiting classes to fill shelves...so its nothing more than moral victory fodder.

Comment

Is redid even a word? LOL.

Comment

Meh, Texas signed the National Gatorade POY and he didn't get a Texas bump. He will get a bump in today's release, but not that ever so coveted 5th that fan bases seem to lose their mind over.

Comment

Can't wait to see him and the kid from Cuero with their lowly 4 stars in burnt orange.

Comment

Goodness. I haven’t paid much attention to the details of this new class, but Ags singed top National talent all over the place. National ranks:

#1 TE
                    #2 DT
                    #2 K
                    #4 OT
                    #5 S
                    #7 S
                    #9 CB
                    #3 All purpose back
                    #1 JuCo CB
                    #5 C
                    #11 WR

#1 in all of our hearts, JIMBO.
                    Last edited by Chase This!; 01-23-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                      Goodness. I haven’t paid much attention to the details of this new class, but Ags singed top National talent all over the place. National ranks:

#1 TE
                      #2 DT
                      #2 K
                      #4 OT
                      #5 S
                      #7 S
                      #9 CB
                      #3 All purpose back
                      #1 JuCo CB
                      #5 C
                      #11 WR

#1 in all of our hearts, JIMBO.
                      They all got the Aggie bump.....doesn’t count!

Comment

SEspnC bump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          SEspnC bump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          ESPN doesn’t own the SEC, doesn’t own the SEC network, nor does it have an interest in any team from said conference doing well.

Now, what they do have an investment and interest in, is the LHN. Follow the money or lack there of. Funny how Texas Fan constantly yaps about how over rated the SEC SEC SEC is, yet it had to add SEC SEC SEC teams for the next 6 years to legitimize it’s schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            ESPN doesn’t own the SEC, doesn’t own the SEC network, nor does it have an interest in any team from said conference doing well.

Now, what they do have an investment and interest in, is the LHN. Follow the money or lack there of. Funny how Texas Fan constantly yaps about how over rated the SEC SEC SEC is, yet it had to add SEC SEC SEC teams for the next 6 years to legitimize it’s schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The SEC Network is an American sports network that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which operates the network, through its 80% controlling ownership interest) and the Hearst Communications (which holds the remaining 20% interest).

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                The SEC Network is an American sports network that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which operates the network, through its 80% controlling ownership interest) and the Hearst Communications (which holds the remaining 20% interest).

hahahaha I hate it when that happens. carve, carve, carve..

Doesn't ESPN have the TV rights to the SEC as well? I could be mistaken on that..

Comment

Working...
                                X