This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Leal is a stud. I hated that recruitment turned so quickly when it looked like he was heading to Texas.
    Could have been the Aggie jokes . . lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
      Could have been the Aggie jokes . . lol
      More likely Brewster got his hands on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        Wow. Leal jumped up to the number 10 player in the nation.
        In the 247 ranking released yesterday, he's the #3 overall. I imagine he'll be a bit lower in the composite, but he could be an impact player for the Ags.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

More likely Brewster got his hands on him.
          Terry Price

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            In the 247 ranking released yesterday, he's the #3 overall. I imagine he'll be a bit lower in the composite, but he could be an impact player for the Ags.
            Nice! Makes him one of the highest ranked Aggie recruits ever. Jimbo!

Comment

Terry Price
              He was a Brewster recruit. Of course the Aggies kept him after Brewster left, but Brewster is the guy that got him.

Comment

He was a Brewster recruit. Of course the Aggies kept him after Brewster left, but Brewster is the guy that got him.
                Where you see this? Just curious.

Comment

Where you see this? Just curious.
                  If was widely known to those that follow recruiting that Brewster was his lead recruiter.

Players typically don't get recruited by their position coaches. Coaches are assigned a recruiting area so that is why you might have the TE coach recruiting a DT cause he is in his area.

There are some cases with the better players that the position coach may take a more important role in the recruitment of a player at that position. Same thing with the staff's ace recruiter or even head coach, taking on a players recruitment to pitch in.

I thought Texas may have a chance to flip Leal when Brewster left since he as his lead recruiter, but I don't think Texas even sniffed a flip.

Comment

He's probably looking at 247 which shows Price as his primary.

Comment

Everything I read says Price was lead recruiter. 247, Rivals, etc. Either way, glad he’s in Aggieland.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        He's probably looking at 247 which shows Price as his primary.
                        Everything I read says Price was lead recruiter. 247, Rivals, etc. Either way, glad he’s in Aggieland.
                        I am sure it says that now, since Brewster is gone.

Comment

Did this guy really get a 556 spot jump just by committing to tu?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heath sent you a PM if you have a minute

Comment

Did this guy really get a 556 spot jump just by committing to tu?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yep, The commit plus several games of new tape and testing scores. Then he went off this season and has received a 5th star from 247. He is highly rated with two services. Mythical creature.

This happens when a kid isn't on the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                Yep, The commit plus several games of new tape and testing scores. Then he went off this season and has received a 5th star from 247. He is highly rated with two services. Mythical creature.

This happens when a kid isn't on the radar.
                                That is why bragging about a recruiting class ranking in March is silly. Kids have summer camps, a full season season, and then the all-star game circuit to be evaluated. I think Mack missed on more kids by filling up in February / March instead of waiting until at least the Fall. It is a fine line of how you fill up the class as you have to get on these guys earlier and earlier every year.

Some guys get overrated early, some guys get overlooked too. I know the Texas staff has been high on Owens since jump no matter what the services had him at.

Comment

Working...
                                X