Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Anybody use weaver rings from Walmart???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody use weaver rings from Walmart???

I picked up some weaver 30mm high tings from Walmart for $15...seems cheap and just wondering if anyone else has used them and been pleased...

I don't have any glass that I would us high rings on. Biggest I go is 50 and medium fit. I have used Weaver in the past with no complaints.

Comment

I have them on my old 30-30. They’re not the high ones. They’ve worked perfectly for 20+ years.

Comment

They work, but that is about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
          They work, but that is about it.
          This^^^. I wouldn’t use them.

Comment

Thousands of deer have been killed with them. Would I trust them on a once in a lifetime hunt, no. But for mounting a cheap scope and shooting pigs they'll get the job done.

Comment

Doubt there's anything wrong with them for a deer rifle in Texas. Will be a little high for most scopes on most rifles.

Comment

I've used Weaver rings my entire life on many, many different rifles (air rifles and .22's up to .300 win mag). Never had a single issue hunting Alaska down to Texas.

Comment

The rings are ok. The main issue is height.

Comment

Call Badger and ask them the differences between cheap and nice rings. For a cheap setup, and short distances, sure there fine. Outside of that, I wouldn’t, my opinion. In fact I wouldn’t tighten any of my scopes in cheap rings.

Comment

They've worked just fine for me. Never had any issues with scope mounting.

Comment

I've used Weaver rings and bases exclusively for my entire life. Never had a single issue.

Comment

maybe for a 22 maybe

Comment

iv'e been using them for over 40 years on anything and everything,, never had any kind of issue on anything

Comment

I use the Weaver Tactical rings. They are steel, not aluminum and have 3 set screws on each side. As we primarily shoot 50mm, 1 inch I use the high models for both AR platforms and bolt. Works for us but they are around $40. I won't use aluminum anymore, just my preference.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X