Last minute crunch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    I hunt with all kinds of stuff and enjoy it all. Scoped rifle, black powder, pistols, and my longbow. Not ashamed to hunt with any of them and enjoy time in the woods.
    Same here. I used to be all bow all the time but have probably rifle hunted more the last 2 years than I did the previous 10. Mostly because my kids are going with me and my rifle stand is more comfortabl and helps to be further away to not scare the deer.

Comment

I’m a die hard bow guy. If I can’t get it done with a bow, then it doesn’t get done. My family’s not going to starve to death if I don’t switch to a gun. Gave up gun hunting in the late 80’s. No sport in it for me anymore.

Comment

When hunting my place I am 100% bow but I do 1hunt a year at a buddies place near Hebronville that is just pipeline and road hunting-no feeders-so I pull out the rifle for that hunt. I have been hunting his place for 15 years and only shot 1 buck so it is tough hunting but lots of potential for a big buck.

Comment

95% of the hunting I did from 18-24 was bow hunting. Never shot a buck or even got the chance to draw back. After missing out on two 140 class bucks and a 130 class buck because they were out of range, I started to bust out the smoke pole slowly. I’d say about half my hunting is done with a bow. I’m not ashamed to bust out the rifle.

It’s nice being able to watch deer from a tripod 100 yards away and not have to worry so much about making the slightest noise to spook something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm still hunting too. 4 more days to fill my tag. I already got a doe so if I don't get a buck, it was a great season.

Comment

Bow only on deer for me. Killed my personal best buck last Friday with my compound. Hunted him most of the season. One last weekend to get it done with the longbow.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                Bow only on deer for me. Killed my personal best buck last Friday with my compound. Hunted him most of the season. One last weekend to get it done with the longbow.
                Congrats man. I know it feels rewarding to do it with bow. Good luck on the longbow now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                  Who all else in here lives and dies by the Bow?? I dont gun hunt and havent in the last 24 years. If I cant kill a buck with a bow I'll go without. It's down to the wire again for me. I passed a few dink bucks and handful of does this season at the Vine and here I sit now empty handed. I havent really hunted my urban spots this season and now I'm almost out of time. I slept in today again and feel like I may not get it done this season once again. Last year I was fortunate enough to take a great buck on the last morning of the season and am wondering now if I can repeat?? I guess I better get in to the blind for the next few days and at least make an attempt. I'm 6 years in a Row on filling buck tags and wanna keep it going so I better quit being lazy at this point. Good luck to all you last minute warriors. It's not over til.the fat lady sings. Or your buddy's start talking trash and get you moving. [emoji16]

I am with you. All of my deer hunting is with a bow. Last trip down I was in the process of drawing back on an 8 point and pulled a muscle in my arm...of well that is what next season is for.

-john

Comment

Good luck to you. I also am also a bow only guy, but had some success already this season. Only doe tags left for me in where I hunt and freezer is already pretty full. Hope you stick something this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                      Good luck to you. I also am also a bow only guy, but had some success already this season. Only doe tags left for me in where I hunt and freezer is already pretty full. Hope you stick something this weekend!
                      Thanks man. I screwed up yesterday on my phone had him at 12 yards he snuck in and I was caught with android in hand like an idiot. I'll be at it for the next 4 days now. Going in at noon today. The one on the right is who came in. Crossing my fingers to redeem myself now.

Comment

I enjoy the meat way to much to go bow only. 75% of my season is with the bow though.

Comment

Got blessed last minute again this year. , I had 2 days left [emoji16] how did every one else do?

Comment

I'll use anything legal..started bow season with the bow leaving now to muzzle loader hunt..

Comment

Working...
                            X