No announcement yet.

Grand slam hunt #1–Mule Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck, love reading about your hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Must be out in the sticks (cactus) with no cell service
      This is quite unacceptable. A man of his means should have some way to communicate with us via satellite so we can keep up with his amazing hunts!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back to lodge. I killed a buck and the ranch owner shot a great aoudad. Was a great day!!!! Sorry for the lack of updates but no service.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
          Just got back to lodge. I killed a buck and the ranch owner shot a great aoudad. Was a great day!!!! Sorry for the lack of updates but no service.
          Pics?!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats! Now bring on the pics!

Comment

Ok. I’m giving the quick version because we still have to unload meat and gear and clean up.

We left the ranch house at 645 abd went to an area where they have seen the best buck. No deer in the first 4-( canyons we glassed. We found the deer about 830. He was up there with a group of does abd several young bucks. The rut was on and they were chasing! I ranged him after we got a little closer and he was 600+ yards. We got in closer and he was 450 yards. He started following a doe up the mountain and was now 480 yards. No great approach so I decided I had a good rest and would give it a go. Last range was 485 yards and crosshairs were steady. I touched of the trigger and hit him perfect! Two steps and dead! We had to break him down and pack him out and we’re back at the lodges around 1 pm.

Comment

Ok. I’m giving the quick version because we still have to unload meat and gear and clean up.

We left the ranch house at 645 abd went to an area where they have seen the best buck. No deer in the first 4-( canyons we glassed. We found the deer about 830. He was up there with a group of does abd several young bucks. The rut was on and they were chasing! I ranged him after we got a little closer and he was 600+ yards. We got in closer and he was 450 yards. He started following a doe up the mountain and was now 480 yards. No great approach so I decided I had a good rest and would give it a go. Last range was 485 yards and crosshairs were steady. I touched of the trigger and hit him perfect! Two steps and dead! We had to break him down and pack him out and we’re back at the lodges around 1 pm.
                  Awesome

Comment

Deer scored 171” and change! Best $5 hunt of my life!!!!! That’s our little joke out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The ranch owner used my 6.5 prc to kill his first aoudad off the ranch. One heck of a day!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome and congrats!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome!! Congrats sir!

Comment

Congrats doc! Great desert Muley!

Comment

That is awesome. Congrats Doc!!!!

Comment

Very cool. Congratulations!

Comment