No announcement yet.

Grand slam hunt #1–Mule Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, Doc! Can’t wait to follow along on these, glad the day is finally here. Hope you get on an old warrior, and seal the deal!

Comment

Good luck Doc; looking forward to following along!

Comment

The beginning of another “epic” live hunt thread, as history has taught us.

Best of luck Doc.

Rwc

Comment

Man I was just about to search for Doc May to reread a hunt. This is awesome to see one from the onset. Good Luck Doc.

Comment

Good luck Doc. Always fun following one of your hunts.

Comment

God luck and safe travels! Will be following along.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                My prc decision is a little involved! When it all started I wanted a lightweight rifle with a 24” barrel that would do most everything and be able to shoot 500-600 yards. I wanted a gun that would fit in my bowcase for travel and I wanted a carbon fiber barrel. I travel a fair amount to hunt and usually bowhunt only. Some hunts are so expensive I have carried rifle backup!(ex stone sheep) so that’s how it started.

Initially I had the rifle built as a 6.5-284 on a short action with extended magazine. It would cycle factory ammo fine but I had some ammo loaded for me. It wouldn’t cycle and drove me nuts. I started talking to Robert about what I wanted and I didn’t want to be like everyone else with a 6.5 creedmoor. I picked the prc because it had a bit more performance and everyone I talked to had been shooting lights out with the Hornsby ammo. So, that’s what I picked! I have only shot mine with the brake on but I have a thread protector as well. I love being on target after the shot and this gun does it. It’s been the best gun decision I have made and it’s just plain fun to shoot!!!!
                i'm waiting for Ruger to put one on the market in the American line. I love the 6.5 creedmoor but the PRC puts it over the top with a manageable recoil.

good luck!

Comment

Victory lap is packed, hopefully it’s needed! About to head to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following. Good luck!

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Good luck Doc!

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

I am tuned in for another Docmay hunting adventure

Comment

Unlike thanksgiving I actually made it through security this time! On our way.

Comment

Woohoo

Comment

Working...
                                X