Sous Vide Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Steak

Got one of these gadgets to try out and I am impressed!
    Attached Files

Dang that looks good.

Comment

Did you cook it all all after the sous vide?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Yes sir, seared it for about 30 seconds each side in a cast iron skillet.

Comment

I asked a chef once "WHy do you cook your steaks Sous Vide" His response, "YOu can't "F" it up". HA

Comment

I did a Tri Tip with mine over the holidays, and it turned out great. 133 degrees for 5hrs then 1 min. a side on the green egg at 650 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              When I do mine I sear on a hot as I can get grill 1 minute each side. My wife likes hers a little more done so a couple of minutes on each side for hers.

Comment

For the perfect backstrap: sous vide at 120 degrees for 4-6 hours. Chill in the refrigerator. Pat very dry. Blowtorch it black, slice it thin, and salt liberally with a flake salt like malden.

Comment

So 131 degrees for two hours then sear for a minute both sides and the steak is still medium rare?

Comment

Looks great! I’m a fan of doing steaks like this too. Especially at the apt where I don’t have access to a fire.

I like throwing some fresh herbs in the bag along with the protein and butter. Also, i throw some in the pan during searing with some butter and Spoon it over the meat as it cooks. Also learned to PAT DRY the meat before searing. Makes a big difference.

Pork tenderloins as well ...

No resting necessary...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                      So 131 degrees for two hours then sear for a minute both sides and the steak is still medium rare?
                      Yup. That’s beauty of Sous vide.

Comment

Yep! It won’t cook over 131.

Comment

Yes sir. Had a probe in the water and it registered 129 for most of the time but did creep up to 130 towards the end. Also only seared for about 30secs each side.

Comment

Sous Vide is a neat way to get it done. I do like mine but it's a traditional Anova model. I have seen a lot of talk over the holidays about folks not salting their meat before the bath and then adding it for the searing process. Anyone have input on that topic?

Comment

They sure are great!

Comment

Working...
                              X