No announcement yet.

TBH Youth Cowboys and Cowgirls 2019 rodeo dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Abbey got on Buddy for the first time last night since the accident. I am pretty happy about that. Abbey didn’t even hesitate either to get back on him.

Picked up a new to us trailer today. I wish I would have had something this nice when I was a kid. Glad can provide it to my kids.

We will be hitting the road on Sunday for a 4 day 4h horse camp at Crooked Creek Arena in Hamilton. Kids will get to stay in the new trailer. Good times are ahead for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
      Well Abbey got on Buddy for the first time last night since the accident. I am pretty happy about that. Abbey didn’t even hesitate either to get back on him.

Picked up a new to us trailer today. I wish I would have had something this nice when I was a kid. Glad can provide it to my kids.

We will be hitting the road on Sunday for a 4 day 4h horse camp at Crooked Creek Arena in Hamilton. Kids will get to stay in the new trailer. Good times are ahead for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      congrats on the new camper/horse hauler...…….

Comment

Nice trailer... congrats.

One thing I’ve learned for sure is I’m trying to play a rich mans game with a poor mans wallet. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by SMF View Post
          Nice trailer... congrats.

One thing I’ve learned for sure is I’m trying to play a rich mans game with a poor mans wallet. Haha
          LOL lots of truth in that. Its a good thing those trailers aren't the ones competing. I know several kids who show up pulling stock trailers and kick everybody's ***. Better to be horse "rich" and trailer poor than trailer rich and horse poor.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            LOL lots of truth in that. Its a good thing those trailers aren't the ones competing. I know several kids who show up pulling stock trailers and kick everybody's ***. Better to be horse "rich" and trailer poor than trailer rich and horse poor.
            You got that right Brandon. Quality horses trump fancy trailers for us. Just needed a slight upgrade and got an awesome deal. We had been hauling a steel 3 horse trailer for the past 3-4 years. Just time for something a little better

Comment

Brandon do y’all do all practice and training in house or work with a trainer some?

How about you Aggie2000?

Comment

Brandon do y’all do all practice and training in house or work with a trainer some?

How about you Aggie2000?
                Riley rides her horses everyday at home. Her horses don’t need training, they know the pattern and job. Mostly keep them legged up and in running/rodeo shape. Dr. Tanner, PRCA Vet Of the Year , has each horse on a workout routine. I know it sounds silly but these horses are athletes and have a strict diet and excersises to help them perform at their best. I wouldn’t say Riley has trainers but she has some great mentors... Jaqoue Woolman, Kelly Mayben, Stephanie Fryar and other great NFR barrel racers that have taken her under their wing per’se and always their to offer advice and settle nerves .

Comment

How about you Aggie2000?
                  We have sent horses to trainers in the past. We have also trained on horses ourselves. We have also bought horses already trained. My daughter works with a lot of my wive’s family members that are senior PRCA barrel racers and most were junior national champs. We also have have a weekly lesson with a barrel racer over in Stephenville. My daughter and son ride just about every day. If they are not riding they do ground work with the horses. We have 4 horses right now that are at different levels that they could jump on and go run a pattern. My daughter is still not running full speed since she broke her arm. We are being patient with her right now. She is riding and riding in some junior rodeos right now. Her main horse is injured right now so giving him some time off. We are still hauling him with us but we are not running him. We have some pretty young horses right now. We have a 5 year old, 6 year old, 7 year old and a 13 year old that we are hauling

Comment

I get the horses knowing the pattern and job. What does a work out routine look like for top tier horses, I’m just curious and learning on the fly.

Comment

We worked in the arena some yesterday and then the girls took them for a swim in the tank. Girls were having fun.

Comment

We worked in the arena some yesterday and then the girls took them for a swim in the tank. Girls were having fun.
                        Sometimes the kids just having fun riding a horse is a good thing. We are headed to a horse camp on Sunday that the kids just have fun riding and doing different things

Comment

I get the horses knowing the pattern and job. What does a work out routine look like for top tier horses, I’m just curious and learning on the fly.
                          With Gator it’s a walk ,lope, trot straight for ten minutes each stretch. Then same thing in a big circle both ways

Comment

Riley laid an egg and knocked over the 3rd Saturday but she bounced back and won the open race at the WTRA in Sweetwater this morning on Lucy and won 2nd in her age group on her new horse Leia. The tipped barrels are gonna happen... the response after makes the statement

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              Riley laid an egg and knocked over the 3rd Saturday but she bounced back and won the open race at the WTRA in Sweetwater this morning on Lucy and won 2nd in her age group on her new horse Leia. The tipped barrels are gonna happen... the response after makes the statement
                              Nicely done and congrats goes out to Riley. We are all settled in at Crooked Creek arena over in Hamilton for the 4h horse camp. The kids did awesome today.

The new trailer was awesome today. I walk over to get in it today and my father in law was asleep in it. Great cold ac on a hot day was nice

Comment

Congrats to Riley on winning Sweetwater. Sarah has finally decided to get back on her horse and wants to start competing again this fall. Her horse has been pretty idle for the last 12 months only ridden a few times and needs to get him legged up. She worked him in the arena for a couple of hours on Friday and then just rode around the ranch on Saturday. Was sure glad to see her back on her on her horse.

Comment

Working...
                                X