2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Ok looks like Tuesday it is! Brian( Gigem ) and Charlie (SWS) are in my boat, who else is coming? Looks like BFT needs a ride. I'm sure at least one more boat will join in
    I could probably swing that and bring a deckhand. Can bring boat

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok looks like Tuesday it is! Brian( Gigem ) and Charlie (SWS) are in my boat, who else is coming? Looks like BFT needs a ride. I'm sure at least one more boat will join in
      I’ll join and bring my boat. Will have plenty of room. 512-269-9008

Comment

Ok well now it's my turn... I just got a" friendly" reminder from my wife that I have dinner with my parents Tuesday night.... so here is my plan.

I'm going down Sunday afternoon and will fish the evening, probably will put my boat in the water around 4 to 5 and will be staying down there Sunday night. Then we'll get up Monday and fish hard. Sorry for the mass confusion...

I have room for 3 in my boat, 4 if two of you snuggle ... anyone is welcome... again my apologies...

Looks like Cody might be in also depending how things shake out...

Oh and this is a lure only trip... bait throwers stay at the Harbor and are on Hardhead patrol...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Monday is doable too. I'm supposed to have a deposition one day but cant remember the date. Them fools better call is all I can say

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Monday is doable too. I'm supposed to have a deposition one day but cant remember the date. Them fools better call is all I can say

Come on!

Comment

Y'all are killin' me "Small's (translated Shanes)!! My wife would kill me if I cancelled my appointment... I was so looking forward to fishin' with y'all... I'm down now until mid-July at least...

Comment

We have a full day bay trip at POC booked on the first. What can we expect? This will be my first bay trip in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Buying a used boat question?

I had a shot to buy a 200SVT trans cat today but was 2nd in line and the first guy bought it. Regardless, I Leary of buying a used boat because they usually have a whole bunch of hours and most flats boat are used for what they are intended. What do all consider too many hours?

The trans has 106, it was basically new.

I hate to spend new prices on a boat but at the same time I a little scared of used boats.

I looking at
                  Shoalwater
                  Trans cat
                  JH outlaw
                  Majek illusions/ ultra cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  How old are you looking?

I've had great luck with used boats with the exception of a Suzuki when the computer went out and they didn't honor the warranty, but that's not a use/overuse item that's just dumb luck. I would consider up to 100 hours per year pretty normal and wouldn't blink an eye at it. If you're buying used JMO avoid Suzuki if you're going to rely on any sort of warranty but aside from that they're obviously very reliable so if out of warranty period they're back on the menu. As for the boat itself, if fiberglass you'll be able to tell how much shallow running they've been doing and inspect accordingly. Try to find something stored in a garage or boat barn or covered. Stress test the bilge pump when you bring it home, no telling what kind of crud got clogged up in it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Y'all are killin' me "Small's (translated Shanes)!! My wife would kill me if I cancelled my appointment... I was so looking forward to fishin' with y'all... I'm down now until mid-July at least...
                    Next time amigo... dang hard to line everything up...

Comment

Ok well now it's my turn... I just got a" friendly" reminder from my wife that I have dinner with my parents Tuesday night.... so here is my plan.

I'm going down Sunday afternoon and will fish the evening, probably will put my boat in the water around 4 to 5 and will be staying down there Sunday night. Then we'll get up Monday and fish hard. Sorry for the mass confusion...

I have room for 3 in my boat, 4 if two of you snuggle ... anyone is welcome... again my apologies...

Looks like Cody might be in also depending how things shake out...

Oh and this is a lure only trip... bait throwers stay at the Harbor and are on Hardhead patrol...

I'm in if I have a ride. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        I'm in if I have a ride. Thanks!
                        You're in come on... if the boats full I'll pull you there in a tube

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          And we missed a lot of fishin together at the islands.
                          Where you plannin? I can drag my sled

Comment

...video or it did't happen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              And we missed a lot of fishin together at the islands.Where you plannin? I can drag my sled

West Matty.... you might need your sled and might not... if your son is coming you probably will. I know you'd have to go around but that's no big deal...

Comment

West Matty.... you might need your sled and might not... if your son is coming you probably will. I know you'd have to go around but that's no big deal...

Thats cool. If the wind comes up you'll follow back[emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                                X