2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Didn't fish East long. Boat acted up so we pulled out. Seems to be fine now but didn't want to chance it with her onboard. Some dude in a Simmons took the old route back in ... needless to say he was in a bind in a bad way. 300 yards from the channel on almost dry ground. He must have kept pushing.

Went back to West this morning, fools running everywhere. Had a guy roll into a cove I was fishing that was tiny, probably 40 yards by 80. Came by me wide open, jumped out and started fishing.... no problem, I jumped in my boat and did 3 donuts around him .... guarantee there wasn't a fish left in that cove after I was done plowing.

Ended up with 3 trout and 2 reds in the box... needless to say I'm done fishing this summer except Mon- Thursday....
    I changed my schedule at work to be off on Mondays now. I used to fish Fridays every week but dang it's getting crowded.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
        I don't think I will be going back with them. Was Bobby the Captain on your trip or he was just MIA all together? He never responded to me last summer when I reached out about booking for this summer. Glad we decided to go to Africa instead.
        No Bobby did not captain our trip. He was just MIA when problems occurred... "Julian" was our captain... Only way I'd go back with them is if I was guaranteed that Austyn was our captain. At this point, we'll be looking to book elsewhere. AND we'll not book around another holiday weekend! There were at one point 9 big boats anchored around North Island when we were there... the VI was the last to leave... Having said that, we did not feel crowded at all... Some of our guys drift fished the reefs/bars out in the bay and some wade fished the flats... We had absolutely no issues with crowding... That's a big place and is pretty much 100% fishable water for miles n miles. The flats I concentrated on were at least 5 miles from the VI, and we even went as far as 5 miles beyond the old Pelican house boat (that was about 11 miles beyond where we were anchored near North Island (about even with Redfish Point...) Katrina pass has widened and is probably a mile wide now, but it was too windy/rough to go outside. We walked across first morning, but found no bait and the surf was pretty dirty so we didn't venture back over there... Little early for good outside fishing there though...

Comment

^^^

I'd only go back if Austin captained and had Jason as a cook or deckhand.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I changed my schedule at work to be off on Mondays now. I used to fish Fridays every week but dang it's getting crowded.
            Friday might as well be Saturday...

Comment

Friday might as well be Saturday...

That’s Thursday Shane. Friday is Sunday and Saturday is like Saturday and Sunday combined.

You follow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                That’s Thursday Shane. Friday is Sunday and Saturday is like Saturday and Sunday combined.

You follow?

Lol.... my head hurts a little but I got it

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol.... my head hurts a little but I got it

Phillip might actually be ok to something with the Monday thing. [emoji848]

Comment

Phillip might actually be ok to something with the Monday thing. [emoji848]

I agree, was thinking about going later this week but looks like the ugly weather bug is once again raising her head..... dang it man. And the bays were just starting to act right

Comment

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

I know. I was thinking about this weekend myself, but I think it will be screwed again.

I can do some mid week fishing but it would take a little advance notice.

Comment

You guys are killing me! Can't wait to get out there! Dang surgery is killing my summer!

Comment

I agree, was thinking about going later this week but looks like the ugly weather bug is once again raising her head..... dang it man. And the bays were just starting to act right

What are you talking about? A couple days with a chance of rain and the wind coming up to 15 or 18 mph? Dude, go catch fish. The area you fish will take more than that to get messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                            What are you talking about? A couple days with a chance of rain and the wind coming up to 15 or 18 mph? Dude, go catch fish. The area you fish will take more than that to get messed up.
                            I'm in a RFL did you forget Any chop over 10 mph and I'm replacing my dentures... and I don't like lighting!

Comment

I know. I was thinking about this weekend myself, but I think it will be screwed again.
                              What are you looking at? The forecast I am looking at for next weekend looks great. Nearly no chance of rain and south winds in the low teens.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                                What are you looking at? The forecast I am looking at for next weekend looks great. Nearly no chance of rain and south winds in the low teens.

My rig is smaller and rides tougher than Mexico’s RFL. [emoji15]

Comment

Working...
                                X