2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
    We had a good day. Ended up with 30 nice trout. About to have fresh blackened and fried trout tacos.

Solid fish Matt!

Comment

Good morning (late morning bite) in POC with my son and his friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good men!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Got out in East Matagorda finally. This was the best one. Went out yesterday evening and scratched out a limit. It's about time.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mayhem View Post
            @coastalducks did you see the boat flip over in the harbor???

Marty sent me this and the video.

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
            wth?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              wth?

Didn’t put the plugs in the boat. The video is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Didn’t put the plugs in the boat. The video is crazy.

Can you post video?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no idea how.

Comment

I’m really looking hard for a boat like this. This one has already sold, but this is the style of boat I’m looking for to start bay fishing. I used to guide freshwater so this saltwater is all new to me. My son really wants to start fishing and it my fault for not taking him, but select baseball takes up all our time for now. If you guys know where a good boat is for sale let me know thanks.

Comment

Well my first tournament is officially in the books! Ended up with a 23.49 lb stringer and we were 2.5 lbs out of 3rd place. Weighing in a small red and not having a flounder for the stringer is what hurt us. I’d definitely say it was a success though. We had over 13lbs between our 3 trout!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post

I’m really looking hard for a boat like this. This one has already sold, but this is the style of boat I’m looking for to start bay fishing. I used to guide freshwater so this saltwater is all new to me. My son really wants to start fishing and it my fault for not taking him, but select baseball takes up all our time for now. If you guys know where a good boat is for sale let me know thanks.

“Texas used boats for sale” on facebook would be a good place to check.

Comment

Boxed Trout, Redfish and Flounder Saturday. 3rd time this ride has been off the trailer. Kept close to the Western side of Aransas Bay. Gene who owns the Airboat, likes live bait fishing so he stuck to some areas way longer than I would of fished. I jumped out of the boat and waded a couple of islands - casting a mix of lures. 6 Specks, 3 Flounder and 6 Redfish.

I was gonna haul my boat down this weekend when Gene called and asked me to join him in the Airboat. He's got a place in Rockport, so I rolled down to join him. We sailed around a lot of Mangrove flats and saltwater lakes, mapping out areas, we haven't been to in our regular rides.

I was hoping we would hit the North shore of Copano Bay - maybe next time.

74 Years young

Abel Villareal - ex Marine structural aviation mechanic & painter, worked his magic on the Ailerons. He painted a few Marine airframes during his military time. Does excellent painting/artwork. He's out of San Antonio.

Fished a few hours - tide dumped out around noon, and we ran in. Smile for the camera spot - till next time!

Comment

Anybody know what Gorda surf going to do tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                              Anybody know what Gorda surf going to do tomorrow?
                              It should still be calm, and maybe worth a shot. I had planned to fish tomorrow but after today I’ll just go to work. Water was nice and calm in Sargent but was the color of the Brazos. We rolled to Surfside earlier today to take my little girl swimming and it was calm but also extremely dirty. Tons of people fishing, didn’t see anybody catch anything, and lots of empty stringers.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post

Here’s a couple for sale on CL.

Comment

Working...
                                X