2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    2019 chandleur trip is in the books! It only took 4 flippin tries but we made it!!

First and foremost I'd like to say thanks to saltwaterslick for inviting me. Once again I put another TBH face with a name and now got a man I can call a friend. Thanks a million Charlie!!

This was my second trip out and I believe that helped in finding fish. My son and I where on fish right away and had a consistent trout bite each day. Trouble was catching legal trout. He and I would catch 15 or 20 trout morning and evening and only box 6 or 7. Our largest taped at 22.5 and we had 3 over 20 and a few in the 18-19 range.

One epic memory is gonna be my boy sticking a 29" red in 3 feet of water on a 2000 shimano Sedona. He and the red went around the skiff 2 or 3 times to include over 5 rods in the rack. The fish made a few good runs and once it hit the net he jumped like a screaming girl. It was
    His largest fish to date and he elected to let her go. (You can keep one over 27 a day there)

Overall all it was a good time and a jam up group of guys. Charlie may have harder numbers but the deckhand cleaned something like 45 trout and 35 reds. At least double that was caught

Thanks again Charlie, mike, randy,Carl, Howard, matt and Dan.

A few pixels with at least one hint to a honey hole....[emoji16]

Oh, I need to mention the kiddo came home with BOTH fish pot winnings. Biggest trout and red with the most spots....16 spots![emoji1787][emoji23]
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Awesome. I thought they were all keepers in LA. Lol. One day I’ll make it out there. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Charlie now for several years. He’s a staple on Team Fishhead at Bownanza. I got the invite on this trip, but we had already planned to visit family in Tennessee. One day.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Awesome. I thought they were all keepers in LA. Lol. One day I’ll make it out there. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Charlie now for several years. He’s a staple on Team Fishhead at Bownanza. I got the invite on this trip, but we had already planned to visit family in Tennessee. One day.
      Oh we talked about you and shane......!

12" on trout and 16-27 on reds. I'm pretty sure Wednesday's lunch was a fryer of 13 inch trout

Comment

I used to fish Calcasieu a bunch and it was nothing but 13-14” trout. Lol

Comment

I’m heading out Sunday night/Monday morning. Which part of the islands do they normally anchor in? Curious if it’s a common area or if they move around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            max HP per Shoalwater is the 150. The 150 and the 175 are the same block so i bet i could get it tuned to a 175.
            Max HP is whatever they put on the tag. Tell 'em you want your tag to say 200 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
              I’m heading out Sunday night/Monday morning. Which part of the islands do they normally anchor in? Curious if it’s a common area or if they move around.

Depends on the boat. Who are you fishing with and I can just about tell you where. There was 8 parked out there Monday morning. The 6 was the last one to leave

Comment

Congrats QB! Great trip!

Comment

We will be on the Compass Rose

Comment

@ Mayhem Any reason for choosing the 20 over the 21? Both are great boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      2019 chandleur trip is in the books! It only took 4 flippin tries but we made it!!

First and foremost I'd like to say thanks to saltwaterslick for inviting me. Once again I put another TBH face with a name and now got a man I can call a friend. Thanks a million Charlie!!

This was my second trip out and I believe that helped in finding fish. My son and I where on fish right away and had a consistent trout bite each day. Trouble was catching legal trout. He and I would catch 15 or 20 trout morning and evening and only box 6 or 7. Our largest taped at 22.5 and we had 3 over 20 and a few in the 18-19 range.

One epic memory is gonna be my boy sticking a 29" red in 3 feet of water on a 2000 shimano Sedona. He and the red went around the skiff 2 or 3 times to include over 5 rods in the rack. The fish made a few good runs and once it hit the net he jumped like a screaming girl. It was
                      His largest fish to date and he elected to let her go. (You can keep one over 27 a day there)

Overall all it was a good time and a jam up group of guys. Charlie may have harder numbers but the deckhand cleaned something like 45 trout and 35 reds. At least double that was caught

Thanks again Charlie, mike, randy,Carl, Howard, matt and Dan.

A few pixels with at least one hint to a honey hole....[emoji16]

Oh, I need to mention the kiddo came home with BOTH fish pot winnings. Biggest trout and red with the most spots....16 spots![emoji1787][emoji23]

Got dang it sounds freakn awesome! Looks like you boys had an unbelievable time! I'm in on the next one.... I want a 12 inch trout samich!

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
                        We will be on the Compass Rose

Pretty sure they anchored closer to north island. We caught both trips I've been on along the south and west sides. Look or ask where the sunken shrimp boat is.

The long sand bar stayed consistent with trout. Jokas wild, the destination and double trouble where anchored off one side of it. Someone has marked it with 3 sets of bleach jugs that form and arch. Make some drifts closer to the the ones that have 2 tied together.

The reds all seemed to be up in the grass and pretty much where ever.
                        Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Got dang it sounds freakn awesome! Looks like you boys had an unbelievable time! I'm in on the next one.... I want a 12 inch trout samich!
                        Lol. No problem. If we caught one we caught 30 12 inchers

Comment

Hopefully this.

Hmmm.....wonder if I could get that in Bearkat blue and orange?

Nice rig Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                            @ Mayhem Any reason for choosing the 20 over the 21? Both are great boats.
                            The 20 actually drafts less than the 21 and 23 and is designed on the same hull, oh and money.

Comment

The 20 actually drafts less than the 21 and 23 and is designed on the same hull, oh and money.

Comment

I am loading up to head south after my bride can break away after lunch. We have a couple things to do around the place tomorrow morning then we will launch. The plan this time is to stay into the week and fish more then because of the no license needed weekend. 99% of the time I don’t see another boat where I go but that will change soon I am sure.

Good luck everyone

Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X