No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me & my son FVRJR hit East Matty for a couple of hours this AM. Had a lot of small reds & managed to get these out of them. Should have had one more,but JR practiced catch & release on one more red trying to get him on the stringer. LOL! Caught the reds wading & trout drifting a reef. Had several throwback trout too. Sure felt good to get back in the salt. Been fall since I fished.

Last edited by DUKFVR; 05-05-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      and reports from the surf at sergeant or surf side?
      Surf at Sargent looked dirty or real off color right at dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Me & my son FVRJR hit East Matty for a couple of hours this AM. Had a lot of small reds & managed to get these out of them. Should have had one more,but JR practiced catch & release on one more red trying to get him on the stringer. LOL! Caught the reds wading & trout drifting a reef. Had several throwback trout too. Sure felt good to get back in the salt. Been fall since I fished.

Good haul David!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Crab meat, Ritz crackers, 1 egg, a little mayo, fresh lemon juice, old bay seasoning, a dash of sugar and fresh parsley.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Well...how was it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
            Well...how was it??

Dam good bubba I've got a new recipe for life who would have thought mayo??

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Them stuffed with tator salad?
              I thought the same thing at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Dam good bubba I've got a new recipe for life who would have thought mayo??

Gonna have to try it next time I catch a door mat

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  I thought the same thing at first.
                  Ritz crackers turns it that color

Comment

I was down at Rockport Saturday, the morning water was rough so we went to the boat show at Aransas. There was some nice rigs there. I was surprised how many Suzuki motors were on the boats. Even Haynie had them on his.

That new Cadillac outboard is crazy looking, real similar to an Evinrude.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      I was down at Rockport Saturday, the morning water was rough so we went to the boat show at Aransas. There was some nice rigs there. I was surprised how many Suzuki motors were on the boats. Even Haynie had them on his.

That new Cadillac outboard is crazy looking, real similar to an Evinrude.
                      You could probably buy quite a few Evinrudes for the cost of a Seven Marine motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                        20 lb

Ive always used 30lb windtamer without any issues. Got a new reel a while back and put on 20lb to try to maximize casting distance. No issues other than a couple break-offs in situations I would have never broken off before. Think I am going to yank it off and go back to 30lb.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                          Well...how was it??

@gigem95

Brian your PMs are full and I cant reply

It will read out of the water but to be honest I've been kinda weird about turning on over concrete.

It wont read like you want either cause theres only 2 feet tween the transducer and the ground.

Im on call this weekend. But thinking about running the boat to the water on the 18th. Fayette or Somerville. Gotta be close cause of plans that evening

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Got in a quick trip with the girlfriend this afternoon. We’ve had some good warm days on the island bites getting good!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              @gigem95

Brian your PMs are full and I cant reply

It will read out of the water but to be honest I've been kinda weird about turning on over concrete.

It wont read like you want either cause theres only 2 feet tween the transducer and the ground.

Im on call this weekend. But thinking about running the boat to the water on the 18th. Fayette or Somerville. Gotta be close cause of plans that evening

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry. Should be fixed now.

Comment

Poc fishing was hot today. Caught 3 man limits of reds and trout and released this 5 lber as well!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X