2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
    Go with what works for you but be careful. On a lower tide you may get in a bind. After the last river rise they went out and tried to find a gut that was passable enough to mark and could not find one out the whole south end of the DC. On decent tides I know guys have been running out that way but on low tides I know a couple guys running Tran Cats who got stuck bad trying to get out. It looks to me like you are running the path we ran last summer and there probably are still plenty of markers there. It's not like there is a navigation authority to go remove old poles after the path silts in. Just because there are poles does not mean there is a channel of any sort. Just be careful. I won't run out that way. Now I heard there is a little bit of a gut straight out but that there is one real skinny section you have to get over. I have not run that way. There is no reason to when we have a better option.

In your boat the route I am telling you is generally more protected and would be easier and many times calmer for your RFL. But use what works for you. I know I can get in and out of the east path on a pretty low tide.
    I'm going in at the red dot. Then following the markers around out into the bay.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

The trout are there and thick. You probably ran right by 'em.

This was my Wed charter in West Matagorda. Took an hour to get our trout and done with reds by 11.

Last edited by Capt Glenn; 05-03-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        I'm going in at the red dot. Then following the markers around out into the bay.[/IMG]

OK, yes, that is where I am talking about. It looked to me like you'd run out the far south end. That is the safest route right now.

Comment

OK, yes, that is where I am talking about. It looked to me like you'd run out the far south end. That is the safest route right now.
          Sounds good.

Comment

I’m assuming y’all are running a path kind of like this? I have no clue, never ran it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              I’m assuming y’all are running a path kind of like this? I have no clue, never ran it.

Yes sir. Its marked on the way out.

Comment

Yes, it's got more PVC than Home Depot.

Comment

Yes, it's got more PVC than Home Depot.

Lol! Yes it does.

Comment

We had a good trip to Hackberry earlier this week. We fished with Josh Kaczynski of Redtail Charters. I would definitely recommend his outfit.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a good trip Clint!! If I caught a big ol' red like that, I'd have a bigger smile plastered on my face tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Something else to watch for....I/we saw at least 3 other hazards along the shoreline once you get into the bay that were just barley above the waterline. All them had serious barnacle growth and didn't appear to be wood or PVC type markers.

None of them had flags of any sort. Granted the tide seemed super high for this time of year so maybe theyre more visible at other times.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Looks like a good trip Clint!! If I caught a big ol' red like that, I'd have a bigger smile plastered on my face tho.

Great fish Clint!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Yea they will. I needed a chiropractor when I got home last night but we never lost sight of the bottom nearly all day

Water was in really good shape where we fished. Reds where thick on oyster beds. At one point I was only fishing 15 yards from the boat and caught 3 reds in 3 casts

I’m not used to riding in the FRONT of an RFL. Wasn’t as bad as I expected considering the chop we were running in but my lower back is a little sore this morning. Or maybe it’s because I walked 5 miles in waders. yesterday. [emoji2371][emoji23]

Comment

We caught a mixed bag last Saturday out of Galveston yacht club.....fun but slow!!! Will be back out there on June 6th for big trout.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                                I’m not used to riding in the FRONT of an RFL. Wasn’t as bad as I expected considering the chop we were running in but my lower back is a little sore this morning. Or maybe it’s because I walked 5 miles in waders. yesterday. [emoji2371][emoji23]

My boy looked like he was going on a January duck hunt

Comment

Working...
                                X