2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
    Switched it up today and fished Galveston with my buddy and my cousin (Captain Jake Rangnow). Got on some good ones.
    Mini Me’s stringer at the last spot of the day.

Meat haul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heck of a day...congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
      Switched it up today and fished Galveston with my buddy and my cousin (Captain Jake Rangnow). Got on some good ones.
      Mini Me’s stringer at the last spot of the day.

Meat haul

Captain Jake flat out knows where the fish are! Went with him 3x last year, limits every trip! Those pics have me wanting to go! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
        Captain Jake flat out knows where the fish are! Went with him 3x last year, limits every trip! Those pics have me wanting to go! Congrats

He sure does man. I’ve learned a lot from him over the years. When he first moved to the coast, before he got his guide license, I used to fish with him all the time. The bite is about to heat up even more in the next month or so.

Comment

Thanks y’all
          Shane- Hahaha

Comment

Another epic afternoon in poc.... started out slow but picked up around 5. Nothing but really good fish today!
            Attached Files

Comment

Josh how you like those Gulf Coast Waders? Got me a pair from the fishing show and I've been impressed so far.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Josh how you like those Gulf Coast Waders? Got me a pair from the fishing show and I've been impressed so far.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                I’ve had a couple of problems with them leaking...... but they are super comfortable and I hear a lot of good things about them.

Comment

Hey guys, I thought I would share this from a fb page I subscribe to:

Are y’all about ready for another McCain Hi-Performance Rod giveaway? We are! This time it is going to be a bit different though.

Go to https://www.mccainfishing.com/ and order any rod using my 25% OFF coupon code of MTROWBRIDGE25 For every rod purchased you will receive one entry, no limit except for time! May 30th, 2019 at 12pm Central Time is the entry cut off and the winner will be randomly selected via an online application that will be posted live!

Michael

Comment

Y’all are killing it congrats! I’m so tied up right now it’s stupid. I’m going to fish Sunday with Hackberry. Not my favorite thing to do but it is better than nothing.

Comment

I need to get down there soon! It’s killing me I’ve got time to burn but too busy At work!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Still getting ready. Put on new boat trailer lights today and ice chest tie downs. Ordered a couple of SS rail rod holders and stringing reels this week. Have travel trailer spot reserved in Aransas pass from April 1 st to June 31st. Can't wait.
                        Where are you staying? We got a spot at Majestic Oaks resort right next to the pool in Rockport and boat storage just around the corner at Big Fisherman.

Comment

I’m ready to head down to my in-laws at rockport and load up on some trout. Got lots of new baits to try and new bearings in my shimano and also a new rod/reel with new bearings to use. Never thrown a corky before so that’s a goal with the custom corkies I ordered and a few different plastics instead of the usual

Click image for larger version

Name:	57474234713__D49B8656-7CA2-4DBA-8282-B3DD675A7D28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	24576314
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9258.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	24576315

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Question... do any of y’all use rattling jig heads? I’ve always wondered if they made much of a difference, the plastics I normally throw comes with rattles in them so no need for a rattling head. But the new baits I want to try don’t have rattles

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                              I’m ready to head down to my in-laws at rockport and load up on some trout. Got lots of new baits to try and new bearings in my shimano and also a new rod/reel with new bearings to use. Never thrown a corky before so that’s a goal with the custom corkies I ordered and a few different plastics instead of the usual

[ATTACH]953510[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]953511[/ATTACH]

Handle from spool speed? Let me know how it works, wanting to know if it’s worth it and if I should upgrade them on my new to me curado 100 dsv

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                                Handle from spool speed? Let me know how it works, wanting to know if it’s worth it and if I should upgrade them on my new to me curado 100 dsv

Yes sir. Spool speed, they had a free shipping code recently. so far I like it

Comment

Working...
                                X