Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I fished Aransas pass yesterday morning probably 30-35 trout but only 5 solid keepers

Comment

Zztexs flatties.

Comment

Thanks bro

Comment

Drove down early this morning to Rockport. In the water at 6:15 and had my trout limit by 7:00 AM.

Chased redfish for a while and then headed home. Port Bay.

Comment

Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Zztexs flatties.

Beautiful flounder

Comment

Dang nice Flounder!

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                  Drove down early this morning to Rockport. In the water at 6:15 and had my trout limit by 7:00 AM.

Chased redfish for a while and then headed home. Port Bay.
                  Nice. I have been doing pretty decent for being new to the area but this morning I couldn’t buy a trout. Didn’t get on the water till after 7 and had my boy so I didn’t wade and I think that hurt me. Was still an awesome day on the water spending quality time with the little man. Water was gorgeous.

Just curious did you wade? Croaker? And not looking for exact spot but where about in the Rockport area?

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Wife and I fished Aransas pass yesterday morning probably 30-35 trout but only 5 solid keepers

This is how it has been for Syl and I also. The couple of outings we fished Mud Island and Traylor Island areas. 30-40 dink trout to produce 3 keepers. Throwing live shrimp freeline and under a cork, Plum/yellow DSL, and 3" new penny gulps.

Hogboy
                    Last edited by Leonhogboy; 06-29-2019, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Same story here..

Dad and brother in Rockport with same issue. Trying live and artificial with very limited success - that said we don’t really know of any “spots” down there.

Comment

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Good morning in the surf, all on SS JR and random tails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by TA_Fab; 06-29-2019, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Someone school me on this vudu shrimp business? Was looking at them the other day.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            Nice. I have been doing pretty decent for being new to the area but this morning I couldn’t buy a trout. Didn’t get on the water till after 7 and had my boy so I didn’t wade and I think that hurt me. Was still an awesome day on the water spending quality time with the little man. Water was gorgeous.

Just curious did you wade? Croaker? And not looking for exact spot but where about in the Rockport area?
                            Took my Flatstalker. Sort of a kayak. Croaker.

Port Bay near the shrimp farm.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                              Took my Flatstalker. Sort of a kayak. Croaker.

Port Bay near the shrimp farm.
                              Wow I never would have guessed. Crossing on 188 it doesn’t really look very fishy. Obviously I don’t have a clue what fishy looks like. . Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                                Someone school me on this vudu shrimp business? Was looking at them the other day.

Sierracharlie out…
                                Deadliest lure in the salt! When they're not eating put a vudu after 'em... No cork required, and if you really want to catch 'em put a dab of pro-cure on them

Comment

Working...
                                X