No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna be on Bolivar this weekend. Been catching a bunch of flounder down there the past month, but we won't have a boat down there till August so its bank beating till then. We have had good enough conditions to keep a steady flow of filets going into the freezer though. Limits of flounder walking distance from the house, and don't even have to wake up early to do it!

Comment

good ol' can of Sea Foam will fix 'em right up!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
        Gonna be on Bolivar this weekend. Been catching a bunch of flounder down there the past month, but we won't have a boat down there till August so its bank beating till then. We have had good enough conditions to keep a steady flow of filets going into the freezer though. Limits of flounder walking distance from the house, and don't even have to wake up early to do it!
        Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          good ol' can of Sea Foam will fix 'em right up!
          I keep seafoam in it already 365

Comment

Well heck, there's your problem! You got too much foam and she vapor locked!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
              Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Well heck, there's your problem! You got too much foam and she vapor locked!
                Lol... no sir. 1/4 can or so per fill up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Bad injectors, means lots of money. she's still in the shop and won't be ready until next week which is fine since I'll be gone anyway.
                  Hmmmmmm
                  Just put a new Yamaha on 2 weeks ago, the other finally quit after 6000+ hours
                  Never touched an injector, if you have bad injectors, that motor sat with condensated fuel, never heard of all injectors going bad, and besides, you can clean them at the shop
                  But, with that said, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    Looks like this would be the morning to be fishing fellas.
                    It was ok. The bite was slower than I would have expected. I caught and released a trout just shy of 29" and right at 8# first rattle out of the box and then it was one here, two there the rest of the morning. We boxed 12 or so trout and a couple reds by 11:30. We had opportunities at 3 limits but had a few lost fish. At 11 my guys decided they were ready for a hamburger and some AC so we headed in.

Today was a little better. We had our 15 trout by 8:30. Biggest was 24". One flounder. I looked for reds for a little while but the guys I had decided they had enough of the heat and wanted to get on the road for home early so we rolled in at 11. Pretty good couple of days.

it looks like the next couple will be good as well.

Comment

Anyone thinking about hitting the surf tomorrow? May still be a little bumpy.
                      Last edited by Dejashoot; 06-28-2019, 07:59 PM.

Comment

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                        Anyone thinking about hitting the surf tomorrow? May still be a little bumpy.

I will be there nice and early at access #5. It was looking primo on the surf cam right before dark. Here’s a shot from this afternoon. Current weather is showing SE @ 2mph in Surfside.

Last edited by panhandlehunter; 06-28-2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          I will be there nice and early at access #5. It was looking primo on the surf cam right before dark. Here’s a shot from this afternoon.

Ok. Thats about where I was headed. Going to be in the Tundra? I’ll be in a while f350 with Kayak in the bed.

Comment

I’ll be in my little beach buggy. Grey Nissan Xterra with TBH sticker on the back. Take a left on the beach probably be around 3/4 or the way down to the end.

Comment

Hopefully there are some fish. Been slow for me in the surf so far.

Comment

Good luck this morning guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X