2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Will do. Have a lot of equipment in the Dow facility.
    I work across the canal at BASF.

Comment

Well I'll be dipped, I didn't know that! I think we probably have stuff over there too... I'll have to ask my hot shot salesman that covers the area. I know about Dow because I've done training schools there and been an advisor on LDPE projects there...

Comment

Ill be heading to Galveston July 4-7 and im gonna try surf fishing for the first time. Any recommendations? This is where we are staying.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like we might get a little surf action this weekend. Anybody up for Sunday morning?

Comment

Originally posted by RW2016 View Post
            Ill be heading to Galveston July 4-7 and im gonna try surf fishing for the first time. Any recommendations? This is where we are staying.
            What are you wanting to catch? Crab fish bites on the bottom will get you some Whiting and possibly more, work your way up the food chain.

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Looks like we might get a little surf action this weekend. Anybody up for Sunday morning?
            I may be at camp this weekend, if so planning to dedicate some more time to the surf out there. Problem I'm having is I used to work nights and my body just reverted back to sleeping til noon every day. Surf sucks at noon!

Comment

Somebody help me out with the Mustang Island area. My sister is down there busting *** with my nephew and niece trying to find fish. They hit Fish Pass last night and today first thing early morning and got skunked, so did the other people they talked to. I told them to move but not sure where, they're on foot and kids are pretty small. I have no idea about anything in that area and can only point them to the obvious touristy stuff, Packery, Port A Charlie's Pasture, jetty by the Lexington, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                What are you wanting to catch? Crab fish bites on the bottom will get you some Whiting and possibly more, work your way up the food chain.

I may be at camp this weekend, if so planning to dedicate some more time to the surf out there. Problem I'm having is I used to work nights and my body just reverted back to sleeping til noon every day. Surf sucks at noon!
                Im wanting to catch a shark, Doesn't have to be big

Comment

The only time I catch them is when I am trying not to

Michael

Comment

We'll be here... you boys have fun...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, fish bites on bottom and catch a Whiting. Then put out the Whiting head. If you can't manage a Whiting don't be shy about putting out a chunk of Hardhead body. Throw some silver Kastmaster spoons while you wait, if you pickup a Skipjack they're great shark bait too but keep them fresh as they turn to mush fairly fast. I've gotten to the point where I'll only use Whiting heads while shark fishing, can't remember the last time I didn't get a run on one. About 6 weeks ago a small fist-sized Whiting head got my son spooled, took all the line and kept going. That was the same rod my other son caught an 8'4" Hammerhead on so that combo is no slouch.
                      Last edited by justletmein; 06-27-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

This time of year pretty much any piece of cut bait will catch you a small shark.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          We'll be here... you boys have fun...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                          Best weather of the year so far and you'll be on vacation. lol

Comment

Best weather of the year so far and you'll be on vacation. lol
                            It'll be worth it

Comment

I’ll most likely be out in the morning. Not sure which bay I’m headed to yet. I’ll be solo so I’ll most likely stick to east.
                              Just got in, bay is slick
                              Water clarity is good, not to clear
                              Not to murky
                              No bait except shrimp, very few mullet
                              Most people drifting
                              Tide is normal

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                                Just got in, bay is slick
                                Water clarity is good, not to clear
                                Not to murky
                                No bait except shrimp, very few mullet
                                Most people drifting
                                Tide is normal
                                Well did you catch any fish? Pics please!!

Comment

Working...
                                X