No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to go fish this AM. Knew the surf would be dicey with current conditions. Got to surfside & it was pretty rough. Water was decent. Tried for a little bit & got tired of getting slapped by waves. Didn't see anyone catching on the way out on the beach. I had a plan B,because I figured this would happen. Went to the south shoreline of West Galveston bay & it was on. I honestly don't know how many trout I caught on plum/chautreuse DSL's. I know for sure in the upper 20's. About half were undersized & none of the fish I caught would have made 18 in. I would rather catch a lot of fish over a few big ones when fishing , so this was great. Lots of pole bending. Also had 1 red. CPRed all of them. Have a few fish in freezer & like eating it fresh. I remember when working how I would pray for conditions to hold for the weekend. Now I know what the retired & shift workers were enjoying when conditions got right. Retirement is GREAT!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Do you get a discount as a rewards club member for multiple stays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Lmao! They know me for sure!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Decided to go fish this AM. Knew the surf would be dicey with current conditions. Got to surfside & it was pretty rough. Water was decent. Tried for a little bit & got tired of getting slapped by waves. Didn't see anyone catching on the way out on the beach. I had a plan B,because I figured this would happen. Went to the south shoreline of West Galveston bay & it was on. I honestly don't know how many trout I caught on plum/chautreuse DSL's. I know for sure in the upper 20's. About half were undersized & none of the fish I caught would have made 18 in. I would rather catch a lot of fish over a few big ones when fishing , so this was great. Lots of pole bending. Also had 1 red. CPRed all of them. Have a few fish in freezer & like eating it fresh. I remember when working how I would pray for conditions to hold for the weekend. Now I know what the retired & shift workers were enjoying when conditions got right. Retirement is GREAT!!! LOL!
        Awesome! You picked a nice morning to go!

Comment

Hope to start checking my boat out this weekend... Got a few projects at home, but sure gonna try to get off dead center with the boat!!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
            Colors are all wrong though!

Academy in Houston on 290/34th street had them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1750.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	24583170
              Got the big boys all spooled up, need some good weather now so I can get on some kingfish and whatever else wants to bite.

Comment

I’m pumped for Sunday/Monday getting to fish with some of y’all. I’ll probably stay Tuesday and do some walk-N-wade unless anyone with a boat is staying Tuesday I’m more than willing to pitch in for fuel/ clean up ect.

If anyone in the area wants to fish Tuesday morning let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Do you get a discount as a rewards club member for multiple stays?

I don’t know about that but I did have to drop his name before the lady would book me a single night!

Comment

Took my dad to Hackberry today and fished with captain josh of Redtail Charters

3 man limit (Louisiana) by 11
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

Nice haul!

Comment

Congrats! Sure enjoyed fishing with my dad. Wish I could do it one more time.

Comment

Nice! Me and my son are headed down on the 28th. Hope to have the same fortune as you. Great memories!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

We hit the blue water today out of my home grounds (Big Lake/Lake Charles). Great time and will be back at em in two weeks after the CoJo concert!

Comment

Saw that blue shirt and hat on our way out this morning! Small world.

Comment

Morning gents

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X