2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Doesn’t cost that much to enter a kid. It’s free with a membership fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even worse!

Comment

That 8" blade works great on reds & bigger fish, will ruin a trout in a hurry, too sharp.
      I use the thinner blade for them.
      Takes a while to get use to this setup.
      Be sure fish are cold before processing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        That 8" blade works great on reds & bigger fish, will ruin a trout in a hurry, too sharp.
        I use the thinner blade for them.
        Takes a while to get use to this setup.
        Be sure fish are cold before processing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I bought the thin blade also. In theory this should be the best fillet knife out there. Haven’t used it yet.

Comment

[quote=Quackerbox;14192738]
          Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          I’m good for Tuesday or Wednesday.

X2 and into Thursday. Middle to end of july days get a hair slimmer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Sunday afternoons are awesome too... bay is empty by 2. We could do a Sunday evening through Tuesday morning?

Comment

Probably work for me even if I come down for the day. I have one week I'm getting my learn on in staford or some place that's the first of the week in july

Comment

Sunday and Monday are not good for me. Tuesday and Wednesday are.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Probably work for me even if I come down for the day. I have one week I'm getting my learn on in staford or some place that's the first of the week in july

What class you taking and where you taking it?

Comment

I’ll be down at access #16 if anybody wants to meet me down there tomorrow. The bite has been good and the wind should set up well.

Comment

Mexico, just let me know when y'all get dates... I'll block 'em out! I have some hard appointments 2nd week in July but other than that, I'm good any day(s)...
                    I'm not really into a contest fish, but IF we had Josh on board, my attitude would change a bit!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Mexico, just let me know when y'all get dates... I'll block 'em out! I have some hard appointments 2nd week in July but other than that, I'm good any day(s)...
                      I'm not really into a contest fish, but IF we had Josh on board, my attitude would change a bit!!

X2!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Could be interesting trying to get everyone on board with the same same dates. I'm headed to Isla Mujeres myself the first week of July. We might just have to set dates and if people can make it great, if not then we'll try again no hard feelings.

Looks like a Monday through Wednesday is going to be our best bet for everyone if I'm reading everything correctly. Possibly June 24th through 26th? I know Gigem has a place that could handle 8 or so, but if it's going to be more than that then we could go another direction. Would everyone want to stay at the same crib? If so we need a solid count and I can so some investigating. This all of course is tentative.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          What class you taking and where you taking it?

It's a court testimony class and I think at the PD. I have two work things june 24 and 26 but I could come hang for the day if yall roll those days

And I think maybe ol Josh throws the croaker...just my observation
                          Last edited by Quackerbox; 06-11-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Sitting in matty now watching it rain.

Comment

Those dates are good for me.

Comment

Anyone caught any smacks yet? Not real experienced with saltwater fishing at all and trying to plan a trip down to Port A to try my hand at jetty fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X