2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Not sure why, but the phrase “wading with live bait” makes me laugh.
    I'm not sure why either. It works well and has for longer than any of us have been around.

Comment

Thanks guys, I don't think she realizes what she caught...lol... and yes we let her swim away

Comment

Finally had some time to get out and fish rather than just drink beer and do chores. All soft plastics.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by justletmein; 06-09-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
          Same to you. I'll post a report tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
            I'm not sure why either. It works well and has for longer than any of us have been around.
            I know it has, I guess i'm just a bit of a purist when it comes to throwing lures. Nothing wrong with using live bait, its just not for me. Ill use it with my wife and kids but that's it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Great Fish Shane, i'm sure Mrs. Mexico was very excited.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Finally had some time to get out and fish rather than just drink beer and do chores. All soft plastics.
              Dang! Got room for one more???

Comment

Anyone headding offshore? Looking like a nice window.

Comment

Boy was it hot saturday. Did a little running around looking for school fish and banged some rocks at the jetty for a couple of hours. Only got a sheephead. Did hit a new personal best on speed that day 67.3

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post

Very nice! Is this the pontoon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys, update to our recent Chandeleur Island trip and the issues we had with equipment problems and getting sick on the VI...

Captain Bobby reached out to me after reading my posts here and over on 2Cool... Apparently, he got a "slightly" different story from his crew than what actually happened... We had a good long discussion about the various issues we had and Bobby assured me he would address my concerns. I at least am glad he reached out to me to get a first hand report. It is just a shame he wasn't available Thursday morning when my buddy tried to contact him and a shame his captain did not contact him immediately when the captain realized there was a problem... All of the negativity might could have been avoided. We'll see how it goes in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                        Dang! Got room for one more???
                        Always, that boat will hold 3000 lbs lol

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                        Very nice! Is this the pontoon?
                        Yeah I built this one myself to haul stuff to camp, if you pull that 145qt out it gives me something like 14 feet of 8 feet wide open deck space. It's not every day you see a pontoon boat loaded up with trout but I guess this isn't an ordinary pontoon.

Comment

Nothing like a NE wind gust to 20 ... dang weatherman...

Comment

Still found some

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Shane! Nothing wrong with that for the conditions.

Comment

First trip of the year last weekend. Ran down to the landcut. It was slow but we boated a 30 inch red, one keeper black and two 15 inch trout. We caught alot of dink trout and skipjacks. Sunday around the causeway in Corpus was dead slow.

Karson had a good 11th birthday trip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X