Shared kids room, good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    I had to share a room till i was 16 and it sucked. I am glad I dont have to put my kids through that.

I think that’s what my husband is worried about, and I’ve considered it myself honestly. But if it’s an option (no boy or baby in that room), when they decide they don’t want it anymore, we’d let them separate rooms again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Erin View Post
      You still share a room... but I don't hear any complaints!

Totally different dynamic. [emoji6]

Comment

My two teenage boys can’t even share the kitchen without a fist fight. I raised two heathens. I don’t do anything with both at same time. Fishing trips I take one- duck hunting same.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          My two teenage boys can’t even share the kitchen without a fist fight. I raised two heathens. I don’t do anything with both at same time. Fishing trips I take one- duck hunting same.

Give it a few years and they will be best buds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
            Right now, i think they are okay to share however, knowing your situation, I'd give it maybe 5 or 6 years and they will need their own space anyway if y'all are still in the same situation. Even kids can only handle SO much of each other before they need a place to get away from the other for a while. My sister and I are 18 months apart and we shared a room (because we wanted to) until we were 9 or 10 and then we were done with that. They will need some time away from each other since they are in such close quarters the rest of the time.

So at the house, I'd give them separate rooms since they share at the DL and when y'all visit daddy...

I agree with that. We know it would only be short lived, but hopefully by that point, we’ll be out of the train table/race track/ giant crane/baby playhouse/kitchen phase. Maybe we’ll even have girls by then, who like smaller toys haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
              My boys....10,8,7,4 & 2 share a room (it’s over 500sqft so don’t feel bad for them ) and my little girls 7,2 &1 share a room again it’s a big room also. They all enjoy it we don’t have any issues other than the boys being slobs and cramming crap under there beds. My oldest daughter - 13 - is the only one with her own room. With them split up like that it gave them their own living/game room.

I shared a room with my 2 brothers for 7yrs and we had a blast. I think it’s good for them to learn how to share space and respectful in the controlled environment of a home before they hit the real world anyway

Comment

Thanks y’all for the input! Hubs still isn’t ready to dive in, so I’m purging these toys and donating them. Probably what needed to happen anyways, they’re both the only grandkids on either side, so we have plenty to spare.

Comment

Working...
                X