No announcement yet.

Killin Tree Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walked back to about 10 yards, then walked nervously back down pipeline. Hoping he comes baxk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Javis are here.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I took out a dinky forky and a coyote with my 257 Robert's. A great sit tonight

Comment

A buck on corn at edge of shooting lane.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Get him Michael!

Comment

Good luck today!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

He came right to the edge of my shooting lane and then started watching something to the east, staring intently in that direction, then he bolted back to the west.

I was able to turn and look that way and there’s a doe at 15 yards (not in a shooting lane.) Strange. She’s a little nervous.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

The doe ran away, the buck came back. It’s a 3.5 yo broken tined buck. He was in my shooting lane, but needed to take one more step. He looked up and walked to the edge of the brush and started scent checking, then disappeared. I looked back to the west and saw the big buck at 20 yards, but not in a shooting window. Just ahead of him was a doe, about ready to step into the shooting lane and eat corn. She suddenly bolted back down the pipeline to the west , with him following closely with his nose to the ground. I don’t think I spooked her (and definitely not him), so hopefully she will lead him back.

It will be a hard decision whether to shoot the smaller buck if it comes back. [emoji15][emoji15]

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Good problem to have!

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                        Good problem to have!

Yep! The smaller buck came back briefly right after I posted but was more interested in finding whatever he smelled in the brush than eating corn. Because of the wind direction and the way the pipeline runs my shooting lane is directly facing the morning sun, so getting a shot on film would have been tough over the last 45 mins. I think it’s high enough now to be able to shoot and film that direction. Hopefully the big buck will come back soon to get a bite!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

How long are you staying at the ranch? Hoping you will be able to hunt the whole day! If he doesn't come back soon, I feel like he will definitely be back for the evening hunt.

Comment

In for the evening kills.

Comment

Good luck as the season comes to a close.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your hunts. I hope you get another place as I live vicariously through your post January-August...

Comment

Working...
                                X