Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bump Stocks become illegal come March...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    It does you no good to own something if you can't use it. They don't know who has them but liberal neighbors can sure tell them they heard a machine gun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's not entirely accurate. With a little practice, a person can bump a semi-auto and get it running full pretty easy.

Comment

A bump stock or the like is not a firearm. The 2nd amendment protects the ownership of firearms not accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        A bump stock or the like is not a firearm. The 2nd amendment protects the ownership of firearms not accessories.
        So compensators, 30 round mags, scopes, lasers, bipods, reloading equipment, holsters, sights, match triggers, and ammunition are up for debate?

I suppose you’ll be at the front of the line to give up whatever accessory is next deemed to be fit for military and LE use only.

Comment

Come and Take it.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            So compensators, 30 round mags, scopes, lasers, bipods, reloading equipment, holsters, sights, match triggers, and ammunition are up for debate?

I suppose you’ll be at the front of the line to give up whatever accessory is next deemed to be fit for military and LE use only.
            Just making a point.
            Dont assume or suppose anything about me.

Comment

I got a buddy who has one. He’s gonna wanna sell soon rather than give it up with no compensation.

I assume they are fine to sell until the deadline...

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Woah. That's an interesting point that I never thought of.

Comment

This is all on the NRA and Trump. The firearms “community” will be destroyed from within, not by the lefties. The NRA is a prime example. A bunch of FUDDS who do nothing but make appeals for cash so they can pay crazy cat ladies in Florida 400k/year to support anti gun legislation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked it up - BATF estimates over 500,000 bump stocks were sold. A big percentage of that number came out of SlideFire near Moran before they quit making them in May. I drive by their facility on the way to the lease. Not many vehicles in front but their flags are still flying and the place is not abandoned - hopefully they are working on coming up with some new products.

Comment

There is some unsubstantiated chatter about Trump & the NRA throwing the anti's a bone with this whole bumpy, obviously going back to vegas...the angle being binary triggers & other non-firearm gadgets that aid increasing rate.

Who knows??

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      This is all on the NRA and Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                        That's not entirely accurate. With a little practice, a person can bump a semi-auto and get it running full pretty easy.
                        You missed the point. The feds or local LE's can investgate "what sounded like....a bumpstock" being fired that gets complaints. Now if you live on 5000 acres in West Texas you should be fine. 20 acres in a populated area and you are asking for trouble.....like being a felon and losing your guns. You certainly can't go to the range wit it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 12-18-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

What's next? A ban on shoelaces, rubber bands, 3d printers, belt loops and fingers?

When will they realize they can't stop this?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            What's next? A ban on shoelaces, rubber bands, 3d printers, belt loops and fingers?

How’s your rubber band work on bolt action rifles with fixed 3 round mags? That’s what it will come to.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post

If you break it down all they are doing is regulating how fast you can fire a semi auto firearm. The logical conclusion down this trail is an attempt to classify semi-autos as machine guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The left always talks about “compromise” which actually just means “we’re slowly going to take your stuff, piece by piece.”

Compromise would have been removing suppressors from the NFA and outlawing the bump stocks. Instead, the NRA and POTUS just flopped on us.

Comment

Working...
                                X