Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hated to do it but it had to be done....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did your buddy get a deer already?

If not, let him stay on the lease but that counts as his “trophy” or toward his bag limit on the property.

I don’t see the problem letting guests shoot abu I if it counts as their deer. Their guest, their reprocusions.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      So you kicked your buddy/best man/kid's Godfather off of a lease for a busted up 8pt? Hell, I guess y'all like deer more than I do. I get rules, but I don't have that many good friends and I'll be ****ed if I'd trade one in for a deer. Hope y'all all kill big ones.
      It may not have been OPs call. Sounds like family hunts as well and they may have made the call and told OP it was his responsibility to deliver the news since it was his buddy.

Comment

So you kicked your buddy/best man/kid's Godfather off of a lease for a busted up 8pt? Hell, I guess y'all like deer more than I do. I get rules, but I don't have that many good friends and I'll be ****ed if I'd trade one in for a deer. Hope y'all all kill big ones.
        Makes sense to me.

Comment

Ain't no way I would kick my best friend off a deer lease because his brother in law screwed up. I would not let anymore guest hunt before I would loose a friend over a deer. Deer are born every year, but true friends are hard to find.

Comment

Hunt family land and the guy whom I was the best man in his wedding hunted it too.

Land changed hands, still in the family, and he was told hes no longer welcome. Family only.

Sure isn't as much fun hunting

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

X 2. It's just a deer. The guy that shot it wouldn't be back, but my friend that owned up to it would be. A man only runs across a few GOOD friends in a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by fishndude View Post
                trust takes years to earn and a split second to destroy. Good call.
                amen

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Is he on TBH?

And yep, it blows having to do that.
                  Curious.. Would it matter and why?

Comment

Bringing a guest to the lease and not explaining the rules to him because you "didn't think he would see anything" is pretty careless. Hope the 13 year old kid still gets a chance to kill a hog.

Comment

That's the reason we don't let guest hunt or allowed on the ranch. At some point it will cost you, if they want to hunt get a lease and go hunt.

Comment

I’ll play devil’s advocate....

Is it worth the potential loss of your friendship?

Seems like a warning could be in order.... include everyone on the lease.

If I was in your shoes I believe I would reconsider
                        Last edited by 12RingKing; 12-17-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Ouch. Prayers for you and your buddies friendship

Comment

Yeah. I would cost a friendship over it.

Make it count as one of his bucks seeing that you said it wasn't a trophy.
                            and maybe tell him that he is gonna only have 1 buck next year and that the BIL isn't allowed back

Comment

I agree with this totally, in my case true good friends are very rare in this old world. It’s only deer hunting.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Working...
                                X