Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew McWilliams and Smoke get 5 stars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the deer and the recovery. By the way your place looks very familiar.

Comment

His dog is special. His new dog is dang near as good. HVe used Matt on 3 animals and it is always the same thing. Let's them out, gives no guides and just follows the dogs. Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Smoke is Jason Smarts favorite dog.
        Actually Smoke had been on a long track that morning so he brought Jock... who is now my favorite dog..��

Matt and his dogs are top notch and he’s a good dude on top of that.

Glad he found your deer. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Actually Smoke had been on a long track that morning so he brought Jock... who is now my favorite dog..��

Matt and his dogs are top notch and he’s a good dude on top of that.

Glad he found your deer. Congrats.
          good deal.

Comment

Matt and his dogs are something special! That man is a hard worker and has saved us a couple of times!

Comment

Glad you were able to recover him. Cool deer. Congrats!

Comment

Cool buck congratulations.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

That's typical Matt. He usually comes to us several times a year. I see a lot of threads on here where guys call other dogs, and don't find the deer. I'm always thinking...why didn't they just call Matt?? He and his dogs are the best there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      That's typical Matt. He usually comes to us several times a year. I see a lot of threads on here where guys call other dogs, and don't find the deer. I'm always thinking...why didn't they just call Matt?? He and his dogs are the best there is.
                      I send everyone to Matt but a lot will go with someone a little cheaper or free. To many owners with house mutts that think their dog is a tracking machine. Matt does it year around not just a month or two during deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
                        I send everyone to Matt but a lot will go with someone a little cheaper or free. To many owners with house mutts that think their dog is a tracking machine. Matt does it year around not just a month or two during deer season.
                        It’s kind of like the same people that spend thousands on hunting equipment, leases, and everything else, but try to find the cheapest taxidermist. Can’t understand it. Matt has found a few deer for me and it’s always the same outcome. It’s something else to see his dog’s work.

Comment

I know your partial to Matt and pump him as much as you can but there's some awesome dogs around the state as you know Chance. Roy's jerry's Courtney and several others have some amazing dogs and find TONS of deer every year. Matt does have some amazing dogs and do a great job but there's other handlers and dogs that are equally as good.

Comment

Oh and congrats to the OP and Smoke on the recovery sounds like he has earned a laid back retirement. Not sure how a dog like that will take to being left at home!!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                              I know your partial to Matt and pump him as much as you can but there's some awesome dogs around the state as you know Chance. Roy's jerry's Courtney and several others have some amazing dogs and find TONS of deer every year. Matt does have some amazing dogs and do a great job but there's other handlers and dogs that are equally as good.
                              Ha. No need to "pump him up". If you have seen what I have you would understand. True, there are other dogs that can find deer. Not denying that at all. But I will respectfully disagree with your last sentence. I know of three and that would be Matt, Kevin Dubose, and Robbie Hurt. And maybe Wade Cornilius but I know his #1 dog just got killed. I'd put those in the the same class. And the names you mentioned might just agree with that. If there is another "equally as good", I'd like to see it. I'm not trying to get into a pis-ing contest here. There probably are some other good dogs out there, I just haven't seen or heard of them. Simply put, these are just a cut above the others. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, just stating facts man. See if any of these guys will let you tag along on some calls and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Ha. No need to "pump him up". If you have seen what I have you would understand. True, there are other dogs that can find deer. Not denying that at all. But I will respectfully disagree with your last sentence. I know of three and that would be Matt, Kevin Dubose, and Robbie Hurt. And maybe Wade Cornilius but I know his #1 dog just got killed. I'd put those in the the same class. And the names you mentioned might just agree with that. If there is another "equally as good", I'd like to see it. I'm not trying to get into a pis-ing contest here. There probably are some other good dogs out there, I just haven't seen or heard of them. Simply put, these are just a cut above the others. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, just stating facts man. See if any of these guys will let you tag along on some calls and you will see what I mean.
                                I forgot Kevin on my list. I've tagged along with Roy once in south Texas and seen his dog do an amazing job through some terrible teribble terrain.

I'm not sure I would say fact more like opinion the statement saying you don't know why anyone would call anyone else just kinda made me laugh as there's some awesome dogs and handlers around the state. Not to tqke anything away from Matt and his dogs from everything i have heard and seen they are top notch. Would love to get a chance to tag along and see them work.
                                Have you seen any of the names I mentioned track?
                                Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 12-13-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X