• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Buck! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Absolutely stupendous! Congrats on a buck of many lifetimes! Could you see where you hit him from your first encounter?

Comment

Wow great buck and cool story. Do you have any particulars about him, score, points and weight? Hard to tell in the pics but it looks like 16 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
            Wow what a buck! Was he grown in Fannin Co? Congrats!!
            He was unless he walked a long ways to get there. ha

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Absolutely stupendous! Congrats on a buck of many lifetimes! Could you see where you hit him from your first encounter?
            Yeah, the wound was right at the top of his shoulder blades. About 1/4" over his spine. I don't know how it didn't shock his spine enough to at least knock him down.

Comment

Wow! Great buck, great story, fantastic memory made for all involved! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                WOW!!!! What a deer! Congrats to you sir.

I have to admit that I didn't read the whole thing because it was a lot of words and my wife will want to talk later and I just couldn't do both...but that's a helluva deer.
                So that's why I just have to tune my wife out in the evening, I'm full.

Comment

Wow!!. What an awesome story and pictures. Incredible buck!@!
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                    Wow great buck and cool story. Do you have any particulars about him, score, points and weight? Hard to tell in the pics but it looks like 16 points.
                    Yes, I cant believe I forgot to add that info. He has 17 points, he is 20" inside, 26" outside. He only weighed 115 lbs field dressed. I'm not sure on age yet, but I cant put him over 4 years old and wouldn't be surprised if he was 3. If my place was High Fenced I would have never shot him this year. But my property is only 400 acres and I have a lot of neighbors that hunt...………so, he didn't get a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                      Yes, I cant believe I forgot to add that info. He has 17 points, he is 20" inside, 26" outside. He only weighed 115 lbs field dressed. I'm not sure on age yet, but I cant put him over 4 years old and wouldn't be surprised if he was 3. If my place was High Fenced I would have never shot him this year. But my property is only 400 acres and I have a lot of neighbors that hunt...………so, he didn't get a pass.
                      Have the neighbors admitted to knowing about him? As they waved bye to you guys pulling out for Oklahoma every weekend

Comment

Great Deer!

Comment

What a Giant.....Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            Have the neighbors admitted to knowing about him? As they waved bye to you guys pulling out for Oklahoma every weekend
                            No joke! yes, one of my neighbors has pictures of him starting about mid October. He told me AFTER he learned I'd shot him. Heck, I barely even told my family that he existed. haha

Comment

Great buck, great story.
                              Big congrats!

Comment

Congratulations, that’s awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X