• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll get trash bags and hush puppies.

Comment

Forecast is looking good [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

We should be getting there around noon or a little later Friday. Have no idea where to head from the boat launch at Popes. Are the TPWD structures any good? Any other tips on where to try first? And even though we will be bringing plenty of jigs, I've been known to soak a minnow or two in order to put fish in the boat[emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
          We should be getting there around noon or a little later Friday. Have no idea where to head from the boat launch at Popes. Are the TPWD structures any good? Any other tips on where to try first? And even though we will be bringing plenty of jigs, I've been known to soak a minnow or two in order to put fish in the boat[emoji51]

I'll be drowning minnows all weekend myself! I have the tpwd GPS saved in my finder as well. Will start out on standing timber in the morning or any other submerged I happen to stumble upon on the garmin and then head to the bridges when the sun gets hot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

There's public launches all over the lake. At W and E 515 and 154. All of those larger bridges are holding some crappie and catfish right now and the bream are all over the columns 4-10' down right now. A red wiggler or cricket under a cork would wear em out! Shad are spawning on the columns and the fish are waiting nearby picking them off! Probably have a green shark attack or two as well! Minnows will work just fine as well as jigs. I will have both in the boat most likely.

Comment

She who must be obeyed keeps asking me what time is the gathering on Saturday. You got an idea Slew?

Comment

Ya'll have fun and be safe, I'll make one of these one day

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  There's public launches all over the lake. At W and E 515 and 154. All of those larger bridges are holding some crappie and catfish right now and the bream are all over the columns 4-10' down right now. A red wiggler or cricket under a cork would wear em out! Shad are spawning on the columns and the fish are waiting nearby picking them off! Probably have a green shark attack or two as well! Minnows will work just fine as well as jigs. I will have both in the boat most likely.
                  Thanks. Is it better to tow to the other launches or just put in at Pope's and run the lake?

Comment

Thanks. Is it better to tow to the other launches or just put in at Pope's and run the lake?

Decsent size lake but most everything is within reach of Popes. Stay on the buoy lanes and you'll be fine. If you do not know the lake, stay off plane when outside the buoy lanes. 515 bridge is just north of Popes.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                      Decsent size lake but most everything is within reach of Popes. Stay on the buoy lanes and you'll be fine. If you do not know the lake, stay off plane when outside the buoy lanes. 515 bridge is just north of Popes.
                      Thanks. Are there any downloadable maps that show the boat lanes in addition to the program buoys?

Comment

When traveling on plane in the boat lanes, stay close to the buoys. I have seen tree trunks only about 50' out of the lane. One is not far north of the HWY 154 on the east arm of the lake. The vast majority of the trees in Lake Fork have broken of just under the surface.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. Are there any downloadable maps that show the boat lanes in addition to the program buoys?

Your Navionics will show the marked buoy lanes...other than that there's a chip that marks all the "safe routes" you can load into your chart. It was available at Lake Fork Marina for $29 but the price just went up to $49. I asked why and they said because it is enhanced. I said "guaranteed to hit a stump?" She didnt think it was as funny as I did.....

Comment

Radar had something come up on Thursday. I will have room on my boat around lunchtime.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Lance Vicks boatlanes chips is well worth it!!you can order online and download to a card on your PC and drop it in your graph for like $20 or pick a card up around the lake for $30 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She who must be obeyed keeps asking me what time is the gathering on Saturday. You got an idea Slew?

Happy hour will likely start around 6 with fish after that! I'm a terrible timekeeper!! Would like to have it all done before dark though!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X