Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

$53K fine levied for the 278" Texas buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
    My thoughts on the claims that this man made a mistake is what a teacher told me when I was in high school. He would say a mistake is something that you do wrong ONE time only. After that one time, whatever you did was no longer a mistake but 100% intentional. The same applies here. He made a “mistake” in ‘04 when he was caught hunting out of season. When he shot the 278” deer, that was not a mistake but completely intentional.
    nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
      My thoughts on the claims that this man made a mistake is what a teacher told me when I was in high school. He would say a mistake is something that you do wrong ONE time only. After that one time, whatever you did was no longer a mistake but 100% intentional. The same applies here. He made a “mistake” in ‘04 when he was caught hunting out of season. When he shot the 278” deer, that was not a mistake but completely intentional.
      Wonder what his original story was on facebook about killing this deer?

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
        Travis Johnson, you can join my campfire anytime.
        But would you let him hunt your property/lease?

Comment

The only thing i want to know administrators what are you going to do, keep supporting this guy buy letting him post on here , doesn't look to good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
            The only thing i want to know administrators what are you going to do, keep supporting this guy buy letting him post on here , doesn't look to good!!!
            Who is his alias?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
              Post #216. I applaud this man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              Much appreciated, but no praise necessary. I think there are a lot of folks that have responded here that are on the same thought process. The good can far outweigh the bad, it just isn’t as sexy.
              Last edited by popup_menace; 12-11-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Some posts have already been "cleansed" from this thread, why not delete his posts too?

Comment

When someone wants to learn something, they ask questions. That implies using question marks. It's my take that you just want to come on here and throw out incendiary comments and accusations.

Comment

Just curious will anybody get on a lease with him after the 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      Some posts have already been "cleansed" from this thread, why not delete his posts too?
                      Is it curtintex or booner sooner?

Comment

Ok rush 2 judge!!! Their is one thing I noticed about this site their is a lot of class acts on here , But I'm pretty sure their is a lot of good people behind these screen names also!

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                          Just curious will anybody get on a lease with him after the 2 years
                          I would forgive him and lease with him.

Comment

You have been on this forum one month, and you are challenging the owner and mods? Not wise!

Comment

It's just a forum if they want to kick me off that's fine , I will not lose sleep over it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                I would forgive him and lease with him.
                                I would too...because I've done far worse in life than poach a deer. Once he's done his time and paid the fines levied against him, he's fulfilled the requirements that they dropped down on him, it wouldn't bother me one bit to lease with him. I'm quite sure he's learned his lesson

Comment

Working...
                                X